The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Shave 18/OBF 1 2.1.20
20200203_040749.jpg
Shave 19/OBF 2 2.3.20
20200203_040925.jpg

Had a busy weekend but I did get my first shave for One Blade February in on Saturday, but it ended up being a shower shave due to time. Got my second shave in today before work. Still working through the CBL Tonsorial too.

Time for coffee and then I can start catching up on what I missed this weekend!

Shave 20/OBF 3
20200204_041510.jpg

Great shave this morning and finished off with with some Brut! Its been a while since I've used this but I'm not sure why.

Its been a busy day so far and my coffee didn't quite get the job done. Probably going to make some tea later. Gotta roast some coffee tonight though or tomorrow will be rough!

Shave 21/OBF 4
20200205_041154.jpg

Another very good shave today. One thing I'm really enjoying with this soap is that the scent is present during the shave but fades fast enough that I can use pretty much whatever AS scent I like with no issues. The Shark SS seems to be settling in now. Only 1 weeper today and that's just an angry follicle that can't seem to stay out of the way the last couple days.

I was also surprised to see I found the bottom of the tub after rinsing the remaining proto lather. Still a long way to go but at least it's a sign I'm making progress.
20200205_045656.jpg
Ankle for @woodpusher

Roasted up some coffee from Peru last night. It's got a really good earthy smell to it coming off the beans and the cup. The flavor is a little brighter but still a solid earthy tone and doesn't taste very acidic at all. It's a good cup for sure.

Have a great day Cadre!

The best coffee I have had is HEB Texas Pecan. That could just be the Texan in me though...

Also, that brush looks really awesome!
I think @bentheduck mentioned something about Texaz Pecan coffee at one point. I'll need to try it eventually for sure. I get green coffee beans from a local family business and roast them myself. It's cheaper than buying GOOD coffee pretty much anywhere and SO much better being freshly roasted. Plus the green coffee beans last practically forever as long as they are kept dry.

Thanks, I LOVE this brush. It's the TSC 1st anniversary from last year. Everyone agrees(some grudgingly) that i lucked out and got the best looking one. 😜 @Smattayu did a truly amazing job on all of them!

Shave 22/OBF 5
20200206_042357.jpg

Soap and blade are both going strong. I'm really going to try and keep the blade going for a full 30 shaves at least if I can. Before starting this blade for the February one blade challenge I had actually stopped keeping track of how many shaves I had on any blades. Figured I'd just use it till it was no good then change up. Numbers can have a way of messing with you if you let them, self fulfilling prophecies and such.

It's been pretty chilly the last couple days. Been mid 20s when I head out the door. Actually needed long sleeves with the wind that came with it. The chickens don't seem to mind much though and have actually started laying again after taking a month or 2 off. Won't be long and we'll be having to offload excess eggs I'm sure.

I'll be glad for a day off tomorrow but then I'm covering Saturday. Hopefully everything will stay quiet.

Hope everyone is finishing the week strong!

Back