The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

That should make a nice cabinet for shave supplies when the kid gets tired of the lizard :D

lol well the kid is Me! lol my son picked it out and still "claims" on occasion but reality is, the lizard is mine. plus, once an animal comes into our house they very rarely leave by any method that isn't old age related. My wife gets very attached, even to animals she doesn't like very much.

I am somewhat Tempted to Build a cabinet FOR shave stuff at some point though. but i may just buy one and save myself some headaches. without something to easily plane pieces flat and to the same thickness, cabinet building is a PITA

20191221_041936.jpg

Had an awesome shave this morning. Loaded with a dryer brush than I normally do and for a bit longer and was rewarded with a thick creamy lather that thinned down perfectly between passes.

Took tomorrow off to have some family time since I'm working nights this coming Tuesday thru Thursday. Also looks like we have a storm coming in Christmas eve through Friday at least. Rain in the valley and snow for the mountains. Could be an interesting Christmas.

Glad you get some family time in...sorry you have to work Christmas though :(
yeah but hey, as @bentheduck always says, it is what it is... or because reasons... or something lol.

Actually it shouldn't be to bad. i get home about 7 Christmas morning and the kids will probably wake up about then anyway so i can stay up for them to open gifts and then catch some Zzz

It is because reasons I think. Your schedule is looney toons, but it does sound like nights is better than working Christmas morning.

20191224_132708.jpg

Had a great shave this afternoon before heading to the in -law's for dinner and gifts before I had to head off to work. I have my Rudolph gifts with me and I'm just counting down the last few hours till midnight.

We did open the gifts from my grandparents in Oklahoma and this us what I received.
20191222_123111.jpg

The vietnamese coffee filter (phin) works really well. I might do a short video of it brewing later tonight since I have some clear mugs here at the office.

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and gets to enjoy some time with family and friends.

20191225_154033.jpg

Went with the ROS for today's shave and loved it! Bloomed the soap this time and got my best lather yet with the Tonsorial and this brush. Even had plenty of lather for a post shave lather soak AND some Mammoth Painting! I'm starting to think I need a good AS that's close to this soap in scent because I want to enjoy it longer! Its been a few shaves since the last shed hair from this brush and the ends are splitting very nicely! Man I love boar brushes!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday! Got home this morning and opened gifts with the wife and kids. Everyone made out pretty good! Couple of the highlights of mine are a sous vide circulator

20191225_095208.jpg

And a new Zenzoi pen
20191225_190050.jpg
Can't wait to try some steaks from the sous vide thing and the pen is pretty nice. Its solid and writes well so far, however I got a splinter of carbon fiber in my finger from the end of the barrel where it goes to metal. I'm pretty sure it was a bit of debris that had gotten lodged in there during assembly but that was pretty unexpected for sure.

Sweet Sous Vide! I have been thinking of picking one of those up! Nice Pen also! Sounds like you had a great holiday!

20191231_041914.jpg
For the first of my 2 TSC appreciation shaves I decided to go a bit thematic with it. Since this is the last day of the year I went with an "old" theme. For that I chose the brush since the handle is from a PIF by @Sharp's (hope your doing well buddy). The soap is my first CBL soap and the AS my first from Stirling(and was purchased to spesifcally to pair with this soap). The Razor was gifted to me by @CBLindsay is a very nice little vintage blade. Had a fantastic shave!

Also I'm pretty sure this is the official TSC appreciation breakfast. Am I right @Dave in KY ?

20191231_071618.jpg

Back