The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

20191204_060652.jpg

First shave with the techmatic this morning and man was it a nice shave! Ultra smooth and very efficient. This is going to sound controversial but, at least to me, the only way the Vector has this beat is availability of blades. I walked away super smooth with no irritation at all!

Also I final found a cork stopper for the FW bottle and got it decanted yesterday so of course I had to use it.

Also got some coffee roasted up yesterday. its Ethiopian Sidamo and man is it good! Took it to a Vienna roast and it has tons of flavor.
20191203_165952.jpg

Did a full pound in 2 roasts, some of which was jarred up as a gift for my wife's secret Santa recipient at work. I think they are gonna like it.

20191205_051556.jpg

Decided I wanted ccx to see how the Cuba Royal edt was for longevity so I broke out the Ultimate Osage mix as my only AS since the scent is pretty much gone once its dry.

The Cuba Royal to me smells kinda like a nice, slightly sweet aromatic pipe tobacco with a little bit of a "cologne-ish" vibe in there too. Once dry it never really projected a lot but, 16 hours later I can still smell it on my skin. I did 2 sprays on the neck 1 on each forearm and 2 on my shirt. I'm guessing that most of the morning it would have been easily picked up by anyone within a few feet of me but it'd probably take a lot to be considered to much.

All that said I dig it and at only $10-11 it's a no brainer. My wife's opinion is still officially unknown but I think it's in the same neighborhood as other scents she likes on me so that should be fine.

My wife's opinion is still officially unknown but I think it's in the same neighborhood as other scents she likes on me so that should be fine.
I would bet if it's a hard no, you would have heard about it.

I see you used a Techmatic a few days ago. My mother bought me one when I first started shaving, but I got a Trac II when they came out. Never warmed up to the Techmatic, but my technique was awful.

You get a lot of bang for your buck with Cuba frags.
no kidding. Can't wait till the Cuba Green gets here.

I would bet if it's a hard no, you would have heard about it.
You are very likely correct. Plus she has a crazy powerful sense of smell. Things i can't even pick up can sometimes drive her nuts.

I see you used a Techmatic a few days ago. My mother bought me one when I first started shaving, but I got a Trac II when they came out. Never warmed up to the Techmatic, but my technique was awful.
I am really impressed with it after that first shave.

Man I really let the dust gather around here didn't I?

Last 2 shaves.
20191210_102651.jpg
20191213_133858.jpg

Working on breaking in my new Stirling Boar and its going well. First shave it shed like crazy and ate my lather but shave 2 had only a couple shed hairs and my lather survived the whole shave!

Been a busy week trying to get some projects done around the house. FINALLY got the last chicken trained to go into the coop on her own at night. She has been stubborn and resistant for months and I didn't want her getting stuck out alone on a really cold night (yes we have those occasionally and the coop door is on a light sensor so it closes and opens automatically based on the sun). Also have the big enclosure done for the Chinese water dragon. I post pics when its done but I'm pretty much ready to put dirt and plants in it to start them cycling and growing before introducing the dragon. Most of this has been at the cost of a few hours sleep each night so I'm hoping to get several solid hours in when I get home this morning.

There are some interesting things happening at work right now that I will post more about once I have more information but could be a good change for me in the works I hope.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

20191214_145819.jpg
20191215_142302.jpg

And thus ends the tub of ToBS Almond Cream. I forgot to get an empty tub pic but it now houses my new puck of Stirling ToF. My face has been feeling extra oily a few hours after Shaving while I've been killing off this tub so I'm excited to get back to some really great soaps. Probably going to use a CBL Tonsorial tomorrow, but no clue which one.

Also, I'm finally caught up on the Cadre again. Including the videos!

Have a good night Cadre!

2 soaps finished in a month? Not bad!
2? this is the first thing i have finished off since the BGM a few months ago. this one took a few more shaves than i thought it was going to. and a couple cheat shaves in the middle.

2? this is the first thing i have finished off since the BGM a few months ago. this one took a few more shaves than i thought it was going to. and a couple cheat shaves in the middle.
Oh I thought it was sooner than that 🤷‍♂️

Back