The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 9.29.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (3)
CBL Breakfast Blend
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Clint

20190929_072105.jpg

Just a quick entry before heading out to church.

Solid BBS+ shave and rocking the Clint FTW.

I need to break out my injector. Good shave.

Time for a catch up post.

SOTD 10.6.19

4/8 Spike SR
Ever Ready w two band badger
Stirling Autumn Glory
Thayers Coconut Water
CFG Summer Storm

20191006_161212.jpg

SOTD 10.8.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (4)
TSC 1st anniversary brush 'Talon'
CBL Ghost Lime
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Lime AS with menthol

20191008_065640.jpg

SOTD 10.10.19

4/8 Spike SR
Omega boar
CBL Iron Throne
Thayers Coconut Water
Old Spice AS

20191010_133934.jpg

SOTD 10.11.19

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 4
Gillette Silver Blue (7)
Razor Rock 400 AL
MWF
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

20191011_041159.jpg

SOTD 10.12.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Silver Blue (8)
CBL Ghost Banana
Thayers Coconut Water
Florida Water

20191012_041717.jpg

Well that catches up my shaves. I had intended to do a shave video at the camp last weekend but between my cooking duties and my surprise caretaker duties I just didn't have a chance to get one in.

Cooking at the camp went great. We had about 35 people there and I had never cooked for a group that big but me and my kitchen helper managed to get every meal out right on time and the college kids nearly finished all the food at each meal, slackers I tell ya! Friday night was just me in the kitchen since I arrived a few hours earlier then everyone else so I could get the food and kitchen all sorted before having to get cooking. Just did frozen pizza bagels and taquitos that night. Saturday was breakfast burritos(sausage and chorizo options) in the morning, ham and cheddar/ Turkey and swiss sliders on king's Hawaiian Rolls for lunch, and chicken and steak fajitas for dinner and scratch made Banana pudding for dessert. Sunday morning we did 2 breakfast casseroles. 1 that was just sausage cheese eggs and biscuits and the other using the previous days leftovers from breakfast and lunch instead of sausage. Sounded like everyone enjoyed the food so that made me happy.

The guy who is normally up there as caretaker for these events opened up the camp early on Friday but had to head back to Tucson for family reasons that were expected but he didn't get back until Sunday morning so I was put in charge of his duties as well. one of those was building the campfire Friday night and Saturday night so that was fun at least.

Also, had a pilar cyst the size of a marble removed from my scalp on Tuesday. It had started growing more so it needed to go. Fyi vaseline doesn't like to wash out of hair without scrubbing, which I can't do around the stitches that need to have said vaseline on them.

In other news, one of my 2 younger chickens laid her first egg on Wednesday and another one yesterday.
20191010_081019.jpg

Woo! Nice work at the campout. I can barely cook for myself. Nice shaves too. I'm not a big fan of banana, but I want some ghost banana every time I see it.

Your noggin will heal up before you know it!

SOTD 10.13.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (5)
LNHC Haute Leather
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Clint

20191013_041619.jpg

Was slow to get moving this morning but managed to get my shave in and out the door with just enough time to get to work.

I didn't have time to grab lunch so I ordered some food via postmates and I think I freaked the girl delivering that delivered it. I was in a hurry this morning and forgot to comb my hair to hide the glob of vaseline on my stitches. It's not this extreme but my is is a little like this right now.
eca02aeb7e645fe238a7812680deda08.jpg
In other news I had to do a last second grab for a WR in my work fantasy football league due to an injury and picked up Stefon Diggs to fill the gap. He the proceded to have one heck of a game. Probably going to be the reason I win this week.

I keep forgetting to ask. I have heard that Clint is supposed to be based on Aramis. How close are they in your opinion? I might have to at least check out the Edt.

To my poor nose, Clint starts out darker than Aramis. If that makes sense. The Aramis has that darker scent below the surface, but starts out brighter. But the dry down brings out the darker side. I think Aramis has been reformulated.

Hold off on that purchase and I’ll see if I can hook you up with a sample.

To my poor nose, Clint starts out darker than Aramis. If that makes sense. The Aramis has that darker scent below the surface, but starts out brighter. But the dry down brings out the darker side. I think Aramis has been reformulated.

Hold off on that purchase and I’ll see if I can hook you up with a sample.
That would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Well, your catch-up post was an interesting read. First is starts off like Craig with all the photos. Then I read about the "chef" doing Bagel Bites for dinner, but that part got better. Then FIRE!!!!! Gotta love playing with fire. And then I thought you were showing us the cyst you had removed.

SOTD 10.16.19

Le Grelot(?) SR
CBL Dragon's blood
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Clint

20191016_122628.jpg

This is another of @The Monkey John's razors. I don't remember if that was the correct name of the blade but it looks to be a French blade. Got a great shave to get my day going.

Had several things to do today before work and found myself finished to far from home to be worth going back but to early to just head to work. Decided to stop into a cigar shop that I've seen several times but never been able to check out. It was a really cool store and there were probably about 5 people in there just hanging out smoking cigars when I walked in. I spoke to the lady running the place about the Davidoff I tried last night and ended up getting a tour of the humidor which was freaking awesome. I had some issues with getting the cigar going last night but overall didn't dislike the experience and will have to try one again sometime. I also asked her about pipes since they also sell those and ended up getting an ounce of some pipe tobacco to go with the pipe I got in the mail today. Gonna have to try that out soon.

Also I wasn't in the shop very long but the smoke scent has stuck around and between that and the Clint I keep getting some nice whiffs here and there.

SOTD 10.17.19

Kamisori of Mystery
LNHC Green Irish Tweed
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man AS

20191017_131609.jpg

Very nice BBS shave from the Kami today. The GIT and SDM were also great. Even did a post shave lather AND some mammoth painting, and i may have done a double glug too! 😁

Well today make 5 years since I first became a Father. Little dude is a real handful and is to smart for his own good sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Off to work soon and then the stitches finally come out of my scalp in the morning!

Have a good one Cadre

Back