The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Hey the Veg smells great the Pull-Up was awful.
I'm guessing a leaky pull up isn't something you do at the gym?
If your are straining hard enough to leak when trying to do a pull up maybe you should switch to a different exercise! 🤪

SOTD 9.21.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Silver Blue (7)
Ever Ready w two band badger
CBL Sir Fougere
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Deep Woods

20190921_042726.jpg

Not much going on really. Just a great shave to get my day going. Now if only my coffee would kick in...

I hear that. This is my more grueling two weeks and i still have next week to go but i'll get through it fine... with lots of coffee lol.

Also i just signed up for the 1 week trial of Hulu+Live to see how we like it. if we do i think we will be calling Cox and officially dropping to internet only but we will probably upgrade that. Should still come out way cheaper.

SOTD 9.23.19

Hadoson SR
Omega boar
CBL Ghost Lime
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Lime AS with menthol

20190923_041747.jpg

Good morning Cadre! This is one of those mornings where I hardly got any sleep but woke up feeling pretty good. I'm sure it will hit me later but for now I'm gonna roll with it. Decided to try th ER first of several SRs on loan from John @The Monkey and it was the Japanese Hadoson that got the job. John is letting me try several blades from origins I have yet to gain any experience with so a big thanks to him.

This razor is interesting for sure. Got a great BBS shave with it and only a couple tiny weepers. It's a smidge shorter blade than most western style razors but nothing dramatic. It felt a little different in the hand but I just couldn't pin down why for sure. Overall I quite enjoyed using it.

Had a busy day yesterday and we for sure over committed ourselves but we mostly got what we intended to done. Supposed to be getting some big storms in from one of those storms to the southwest.

In other news, with tomorrow being my birthday I have decided it's a good day to use the Slim since it's my birth year and quarter equivalent. Still deciding on the rest of the kit but if I get up on time I am thinking about doing a video. Guess we will see how that goes.

Have a great week Cadre!

I love those types of mornings, afternoons are completely different and I hate them with a burning passion.

Maybe it's the steel that feels different? And the slight difference in length? I dunno, I'm just a duck.

I'm sure you're gonna have a superb birthday kit!

Back