The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 9.24.19

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6
Gillette Silver Blue (6)
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
@LNHC Haute Leather
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Leather

20190924_041856.jpg

Looks like ya'll get to meet the 04:30am version of me. Video uploading.

tenor.gif

Happy birthday, dude. I hope it's full of whatever a uacowboy likes to do when he's not at work!

SOTD 9.27.19

Bostom No. 20 SR
Ever Ready w two band badger
@LNHC Green Irish Tweed
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man AS

20190927_140124.jpg

This is another of John's @The Monkey razors he is lending me. This one is swedish and man is it a smooth shaver. I am BBS+ and I did get 1 small cut during cleanup (funny enough I was paying to much attention to not gouging myself with that sharp point and had an unintended touch of edge to chin) but that stopped quickly with some alum. I can see why Swedish razors get so much love.

Other that that got a great lather from lisa's soap as usual and then I got to try the Sharp Dressed Man AS. The alchohol really overpowered any scent at first but after dry down it was nice and went with the soap great but was very very light and didn't have much longevity to it. Has anyone tried the Edt for this from Stirling? How is that compared to the AS? I really like this scent and would love to get some mileage from it.

Covering a night shift tonight and then I won't be back for 2 weeks due to taking next weekend off to cook for my old campus ministry's fall retreat. Looking forward to getting some mountain air away from everything.

Have a great Sunday Kyle!

Jectah! Oh ... oh ... and Clint FTW!

I may have to look into a Jectah. You can take them carry-on, right?
You definitely need at least one! If I remember @Spider ’s travel thread, I think they’re considered almost like a cart and quite safe (maybe not the blade dispenser though). I need to go look and brush up myself.

SOTD 9.27.19

Bostom No. 20 SR
Ever Ready w two band badger
@LNHC Green Irish Tweed
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man AS

View attachment 9239

This is another of John's @The Monkey razors he is lending me. This one is swedish and man is it a smooth shaver. I am BBS+ and I did get 1 small cut during cleanup (funny enough I was paying to much attention to not gouging myself with that sharp point and had an unintended touch of edge to chin) but that stopped quickly with some alum. I can see why Swedish razors get so much love.

Other that that got a great lather from lisa's soap as usual and then I got to try the Sharp Dressed Man AS. The alchohol really overpowered any scent at first but after dry down it was nice and went with the soap great but was very very light and didn't have much longevity to it. Has anyone tried the Edt for this from Stirling? How is that compared to the AS? I really like this scent and would love to get some mileage from it.

Covering a night shift tonight and then I won't be back for 2 weeks due to taking next weekend off to cook for my old campus ministry's fall retreat. Looking forward to getting some mountain air away from everything.
Nice seeing the razor being used. Just for the record, the Bostom is Japanese that used Swedish steel.

There are a lot of Japanese razors that use Swedish steel. Not sure why there is that connection.
Someone mentioned something about this in another thread I think. I think it was something to do with a very limited amount of suitable steel produced in Japan.

Back