The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 10.23.19

PAA Prismatic
Shark Super Stainless (2)
Ever Ready w two band badger
CBL Dragons Blood
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

20191023_042335.jpg

Asked flat spider what soap and AS I should use this morning and this was his answer. They actually pair pretty well. Got a really good shave with the Prismatic too.

Today may be Wednesday but tomorrow is my Friday! Have a good one Cadre!

Well I seem to have lost several SOTD pics or only thought I took them, but these are my last 3 shaves
20191029_125429.jpg
20191030_150650.jpg
20191102_044150.jpg

This CBL Tonsorial stuff is pretty great. Exactly what you need for a great SR shave as far as slickness which is honestly the most important thing in a soap for me. Second being scent which is also amazing. ROS is incredible and I dig the Money scent too. Plus the scent of Money lingered pretty well and combined with Clint in a really nice way.

Been playing catchup around here again but I'm mostly there except for vlogs which I plan to work on this next week while I'm off work. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

View attachment 10807

Today's shave is brought to you by Tabac! Also by John @The Monkey and his Klaus Tornblom razor.

Soap was great as usual and this is a really nice razor. I think I'm gonna need to invest is some Swedish steel for myself now!
Glad you like the razor but why abuse it with Tabac? (Make sure to wash it well!)
The Klaus is my favorite grind!

20191105_122833.jpg

Got a midday shave in today with this awesome Klaus Tornblom frameback. This is another of @The Monkey razors and it is particularly interesting. The tang area is super thin so the hold is a little different. Great shaver though. Found this cream when I was looking for something else and figured I would pull it out and start working on finishing it off. This is from way back at the beginning of my wet Shaving journey but still smells good and performs well enough.

On my week off with the kids and tomorrow is my daughter's 3rd birthday. We celebrated over the weekend but I am thinking I will try and do something fun with them tomorrow.

Hope everyone's week is going well!

I sense that we're all kinda trying to work on finishing a few soaps before the holiday season for some reason. 🤣

Back