The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 9.17.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (1)
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
LNHC Haute Leather
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Leather

20190917_041642.jpg

Loaded up a fresh blade in the J2 and got s great shave. This soap and AS combo is absolutely the King for me as far as leather scent goes. Just spot on. I'm BBS and feeling good.

Woke up about 15 min before my alarm again today. I really hate that cause I don't have time to really fall back to sleep before the alarm goes off but I feel like I need another hour. I even considered resetting my alarm for a half hour later and skipping my shave. Of course I then realized how ludicrous that sounded and got myself out of bed before I had any other crazy thoughts.

I'm now halfway through my coffee and well into my work day and feeling much better.

Have a good one Cadre!

15min is long enough to watch a cadre video. Well, not Gear's, but you could make it into a 2-parter

SOTD 9.18.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Omega boar
CFG Cryogen
Thayers Coconut Water
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

20190918_041433.jpg

Well I woke up with my alarm today but I was dragging. Must've spent longer in the shower than I realized because I had about half my normal time to shave so it was just a quick 2 passes for a DFS+.

I had thought of joining @dangerousdon and doing a Ghost Lime shave like Dave but changed it up for the freeze your face wake up soap that is Cryogen. It did the trick and I made it out the door pretty much on time.

Coffee is good. That is all.

coffee-30-rock.gif

SOTD 9.19.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (2)
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
Arko
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

20190919_042651.jpg

After all the talk yesterday about baseline soaps I figured I'd pull mine out. Was really short on time due to an incident involving a kid and a leaky pull-up taking up half of my normal time to get ready for work so it was a jectah day. Also been a while since I Rocked the Veg so I grabbed that too. All in all a great and expedient shave was had and I'm BBS+ and smelling great!

Okay time to get some coffee made. Had a good one Cadre!

Back