The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Oh man! There was a pizza place like that by my grandparents when I was a wee youngun. It was a huge treat to go there. Wish we had one around here to show the kids.

That scenery looks beautiful! Sounds like y'all had a great time which is awesome. We have a place like that here in Michigan called "Huckleberry Railroad" where they do a mock train robbery and have a similar small Old Town. Places like that are a lot of fun for the adults and something the kids will always remember.

P.S. those steaks look DELICIOUS!!!👨‍🍳

Thanks guys. It really was fun and I think once the kids are older we may do it again and stay a night at the rim.

SOTD 9.10.19

Union Cutlery Spike razor 4/8
Ever Ready w two band badger
CBL Dragons Blood
Thayers Coconut Water
Florida Water

20190910_141153.jpg

Hadn't shaved since the Thursday morning so I had a good amount of growth to take down and th he spike handled it great. The DB was great as always and I think it has at this point stayed the prominent scent over the Florida water.

Back on nights for 3. Hope everyone has a great week.

video uploading soon!

SOTD 9.11.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (21)
Razor Rock 400
CBL Breakfast Blend
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

20190911_151938.jpg

Nice easy shave today but the blade felt a bit off. After the shave I noticed a couple small dings in the edge that I don't know how they got there but I will swap out the blade before the next shave. This one was still giving me great shaves but I dont want to use it with a damaged edge again. Walked away BBS.

As for where I was when I heard about the towers, I was sitting in my 7th grade history class and we pretty much stayed there all day and watched the coverage. I think we had it on after the second plane but before they actually fell.

SOTD 9.12.19

Gillette new SC
Gillette Nacet (9)
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
Clown Puke tub
Ultimate Osage
Brut

20190912_151504.jpg

Wanted to use the CP today and otherwise felt like a green theme sounded good. Got a great shave and walked away BBS.

Got some programs doing weird things at work that we use to keep track of on call crews so I get to work on those tonight because I'm one of the only people who understands it. Should be interesting.

Some really good shaves reported Kyle. It's always a mystery how a blade gets nicked, I swear there's a gnome that wanders at night with his razor dulling tools in hand. He dulls blades and steals shaving soap all while we sleep.

Some really good shaves reported Kyle. It's always a mystery how a blade gets nicked, I swear there's a gnome that wanders at night with his razor dulling tools in hand. He dulls blades and steals shaving soap all while we sleep.
That's got to be it!

Love the green theme! I have my very own tub of clown puke myself (though I actually prefer the term Franken-Soap). I have only used it once...so now I am wondering how it is once I peel away some layers!

By the way...what exactly is Ultimate Osage! I am intrigued!

Love the green theme! I have my very own tub of clown puke myself (though I actually prefer the term Franken-Soap). I have only used it once...so now I am wondering how it is once I peel away some layers!

By the way...what exactly is Ultimate Osage! I am intrigued!

I only have a few soaps in mine right now but its still pretty interesting.

Ultimate Osage is a mix i made from Osage, Witch Hazel, and an Aloe spray. You get the cooling from the osage and it still pretty much smells the same but the scent fades to pretty much nothing as it dries down. Once my Thayers is gone i will probably switch to this mix full time in place of witch hazel.

I only have a few soaps in mine right now but its still pretty interesting.

Ultimate Osage is a mix i made from Osage, Witch Hazel, and an Aloe spray. You get the cooling from the osage and it still pretty much smells the same but the scent fades to pretty much nothing as it dries down. Once my Thayers is gone i will probably switch to this mix full time in place of witch hazel.
Sounds nice and easy! Plus living where you are...I bet that feels nice. You could probably keep a bottle of it on hand and spray it through out the day when you need to feel cool!

@dangerousdon here is the post from a while back with the exact mix if you wanted to recreate it.

Sounds nice and easy! Plus living where you are...I bet that feels nice. You could probably keep a bottle of it on hand and spray it through out the day when you need to feel cool!
yeah, i actually just refilled the allow spray bottle with some of the mix. only issue is that the aloe tends to separate out to the top and you have to shake it.

Yes, just the witch hazel / aloe blend alone is powerhouse, and inexpensive to make. It’s got the moisturizing and face feel, Osage (or whatever else you mix with it) is just icing on the cake!

SOTD 9.16.19

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6
Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Ever Ready w two band badger
CBL Ghost Banana
Thayers Coconut Water
Florida Water

20190916_041600.jpg

Went for the mild but efficient shave this morning as I woke up before my alarm but was not ready to actually be awake and I had a few days growth to take down. Turned out to be the right call because i walked away BBS+ and feeling good.

Had a busy weekend. Spent most of it repainting my son's room but we also had my sister over for dinner Saturday night which and my wife's friend Sunday. Also smoked a couple racks of ribs on Sunday for dinner and they came out pretty good if a bit on the fatty side.
20190915_185843.jpg

Have a great week Cadre!

Back