The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 8.21.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Nacet (7)
TSC 1st Anniversary Brush "Talon"
Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood
Thayers Coconut
Stirling Lime AS with menthol

20190821_061252.jpg

Shave from this morning. Great soap great razor. Great shave for a BBS+ but a little irritation. I think my face just hasn't fully healed from the single ring.

Tomorrow is the final day of my work marathon. Then I get my long stretch of days off but get to spend the first part of that painting a bedroom.

Ok time to turn off the brain for a few hrs.

Painting....?

giphy.gif

SOTD 8.22.19

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 3
GSB (3)
Ever Ready w two band badger
LNHC Green Irish Tweed
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Deep Woods

20190822_051729.jpg

Nice mild shave today. Still managed a BBS- with my normal passes but my face feels better today.

Have a great day Cadre!

SOTD 8.25.19

Gillette RFB
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
TSC 1st Anniversary Brush "Talon"
TOBS Lavender
Thayers Coconut Water
LNHC Gentleman's Lavender post shave elixir.

20190825_222346.jpg

Late night shave after a sweaty day. I had been trying to get time for a video with the RFB but it wasn't in the cards for me I guess. Pulled the GSB from the Single ring since I don't plan to use it again in the near future and put it in the RFB. Had a very nice relaxing shave but I gotta say that while it is a little smoother than the new SC the RFB is nowhere near as efficient for me. Took a good bit of cleanup but I did achieve BBS.

Love the scent of this soap for sure. I would use it more but it just doesn't really do it for me in the morning. The post shave elixir was also very nice. Came as a sample with my soaps and it feels good going on for sure.

SOTD 8.28.19

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6
Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Omega Boar Brush
CBL Oud Minéral
Thayers Coconut Water
Skin Bracer

20190828_215056.jpg

Late night shave again. All went well and I am BBS. Gonna keep this short cause my brain it's not wanting to focus. Have a nice night ya'll.

Well...for your brain not working, you picked a heck of a soap! I love that stuff and it was the subject of my "Top Shelf" Shave!

SOTD 8.30.19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
CBL Sir Fougere
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

20190830_133348.jpg

Had a great shave to start my round of night shifts. Might be about time to refresh this blade. Came away with a DFS+.

Had to get a few things done around the house and the was off to work where things were way more busy than a standard Friday night hence the last post. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

SOTD 8.30.19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
CBL Sir Fougere
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

View attachment 8077

Had a great shave to start my round of night shifts. Might be about time to refresh this blade. Came away with a DFS+.

Had to get a few things done around the house and the was off to work where things were way more busy than a standard Friday night hence the last post. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Hope things are quiet for the holiday!

Last edited:
SOTD 8.30.19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
CBL Sir Fougere
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

View attachment 8077

Starting a holiday weekend night shift with the veg eh, bold

SOTD 8.31.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Nacet (8)
Ever Ready w two band badger
LNHC Haute Leather
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Leather

20190831_134405.jpg

Very nice, if hurried, shave today. Wife and kids have been sick and I needed to get some stuff done before leaving for work. Solid BBS+
@GearNoir i found yesterday's third call and you sir are a dark wizard who must be defeated
my sister graduates from acupuncture school tomorrow at 10am. We have been planning to be there but with the illnesses I'm not sure what's going to happen yet. Guess we will see.

SOTD 9.1.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (19)
Tabac
Thayers Coconut Water
Tabac AS
Tabac EdC

20190901_142713.jpg

Man was this a great shave today. Lather was spot on and I just really love the scent of Tabac. Full DSBBS today! I'm really impressed with the longevity of these schick blades. This is still the first one I put in the J2 and it's going strong.

Work has been crazy since I walked in the door tonight. Several big storms rolled through and tons of lightning.

Hope everyone has a great labor day tomorrow while I sleep 😜

Back