The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 6.29.19

Gillette new SC
Shark Super Stainless (9)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Ghost Banana
Thayers Coconut Water
Florida water

View attachment 5403

Just a nice easy shave this morning. The shark ss was starting to feel kinda rough under the jawline so I called it after the shave and binned the blade. Still 9 great shaves is pretty respectable. Walked away this morning with a DDBBS. That's Desert Dolphin for those wondering. ;)
With that shave I bet you smell like a Pina Colada!

Aren’t deserts dry and cracked, with prickly cactuses? So it was a ba-good shave? :unsure:
Technically just dry to be a desert. The Arctic Tundra is a desert too, at least in certain places.

but as for the hot kind, you know what else they have? Oases. Know what those have? Water. Where do Dolphins live? Water.

SOTD 6.30.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Nacet (1)
Omega boar
CFG Cryogen
Thayers Coconut Water
CFG Summer Storm AS

20190630_042940.jpg

Well this has been a morning already. Decided to try one of the other 100 pack rated blades I got from Chad since the shark ss was so nice. It was probably a bad idea to pair a new to me blade with Cryogen because for most of the shave my face was basically numb. On my cleanup the blade felt kinda harsh but I'm not sure how much of that was just from the soap.

It was rough getting up this morning, hence the ice cold wake up soap, and I actually forgot to get the brush soaking before my shower. I gave it a few minutes and even bloomed the soap hoping to save some time because I was already running a bit behind but alas I ended up fighting the soap and brush and settling for a slick but sub par lather from what I can normally get with this soap.

Plus side it's my Friday for this set of shifts and we officially start our new rotation tomorrow. We managed to make it a pretty smooth transition so it will be a couple weeks before I see a difference be we are going to a 5 week rotation instead of 4.

Hope all y'all have a great Sunday.

Bad luck about the shave! I always found Nacet Blades to be much better than average...but they are one of the sharper blades I have experienced. Glad it's your Friday and maybe you can get a little R&R on your "weekend." Does this mean that you will be working on the Holiday?

Yeah i am going to give the blade a few more shaves. If it calms down i can see it being great but if not i don't care how sharp it is if it's not comfortable.

The new rotation is nearly the same as the current one but we are adding in a week were you are going to either work 5 8s durring the week to give us 2 people on the desk during business hrs Or covering for people taking vacation durring that week. it is going to be interesting but should make it much less of a pain to take time off. It's strange how weird it can be to feel bad for taking time off when you know someone else has to cover it beyond their normal.

Oh man, do I know that feeling. We originally had a policy of 4 people minimum on duty, but there was an incident so hefe upped it to 5. Getting to the point, when we did vacation and holiday scheduling we were told max if 2 people off per shift, and now we can't go back and change vacation stuff. It's super easy to get mandatory OT now and be held over and have to work 48, 72, or 96 hours straight. It's ridiculous.

Oh man, do I know that feeling. We originally had a policy of 4 people minimum on duty, but there was an incident so hefe upped it to 5. Getting to the point, when we did vacation and holiday scheduling we were told max if 2 people off per shift, and now we can't go back and change vacation stuff. It's super easy to get mandatory OT now and be held over and have to work 48, 72, or 96 hours straight. It's ridiculous.
They are pretty good about not making us work shifts like that. I think the longest has been 18hrs and it was voluntary. I have done that and it's not bad but we have to be Alert the whole shift so more than that is probably a bad idea. I have however worked 14 nights in a row with the person on days doing the same. We were between supervisors and one of our people was on leave for a new baby and the other got super sick and was hospitalized. I was very glad for a few days off after that.

Bummer. But does that mean overtime with a shift differential? I’d work every holiday I could if that were the case haha!
Nope. We are salaried so no shift Diff and it's just part of my normal schedule.

but that should be one of the best parts of the new rotation, getting stuck with fewer holidays

Back