The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 6.13.19

Weck Sextoblade
Persona Hair Shaper (4)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Breakfast Blend
Thayers Coconut Water
Skin Bracer

Just realized I forgot to post this earlier. Been a crazy day.

Had an even better shave with the Weck today. BBS, no irritation, and no weepers.

Also only had the slightest reaction to the soap this time. Guess I'm getting used to it, which is good cause I really like it.

20190613_041706.jpg

SOTD 6.13.19

Weck Sextoblade
Persona Hair Shaper (4)
CBL Breakfast Blend
Thayers Coconut Water
Skin Bracer

Just realized I forgot to post this earlier. Been a crazy day.

Had an even better shave with the Weck today. BBS, no irritation, and no weepers.

Also only had the slightest reaction to the soap this time. Guess I'm getting used to it, which is good cause I really like it.

View attachment 4648
Sounds like the blade is coming into it's own. Are you still using the guard?

Glad you’re still having success!

If I grab another at some point, it’ll definitely have the celluloid scales or similar. The all stainless is beautiful but does need a little wipe down after each use, and it’s a bit slippery.

The only other real con I have is that the tail is a bit too short and awkward.

Glad you’re still having success!

If I grab another at some point, it’ll definitely have the celluloid scales or similar. The all stainless is beautiful but does need a little wipe down after each use, and it’s a bit slippery.

The only other real con I have is that the tail is a bit too short and awkward.
How about Ghost Jade?
20190609_042309-jpg.4456

Or Wood (I made these scales)

Best not to mess with a Weck when you’re weary! That’s for sure.

Does a little alum on your fingers help your grip? That’s about my only advice for that.

My problem with the Stainless scales is the weight. I think they pull a little and affect my angle. I prefer the lighter plastic scales.

SOTD 6.17.19

Gillette New SC
Shark Super Stainless (8)
TSC 1st Anniversary Brush "Talon"
CBL Chocolate Chip Cookie
Thayers Coconut Water
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Just a quick shave today while the kids ate breakfast. No drama BBS and then a day with the kids.
20190617_083052.jpg

Late night SOTD 6.18.19

Weck Sextoblade unguarded
Persona hair Shaper (5)
CBL Dragons Blood
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Clint

Needed a shower before bed due to getting all sweaty so I figured I'd get a shave in too. Decided to John's @The Monkey other Weck he sent me to swap the scales for him. He told me to hang onto it for a bit to get the feel for a no guard shave so it seemed like a good time to use it, although it looks like I'll be send it back soon since I now have one headed my way from the bay. Did get 1 small cut from one of the corners but it stopped quick. Otherwise a nice BBS shave before turning in for the night.

20190618_232222.jpg

Oh and just for you Chris @GearNoir I towel stropped my brush tonight.

VEry Nice Kyle! Love the look of the scales and I agree...your brush looks happier because of the Towel Strop.

Back