The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

All caught up Kyle. Catching up one journal at a time lol. A lot of nice shaves in there! Glad to see that New getting some regular love in between straight shaves.

SOTD 6.11.19

Weck Sextoblade no guard
Persona Hair Shaper (2)
Omega boar
Dr. Jon's Big Green Monster
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Well today was shave 2 with a he Weck and I decided to try it sans the guard. Results are about the same as yesterday but with fewer weepers and more irritation. Today's weepers I'm pretty sure were just a couple of yesterday's that were reopened but the irritation was most from poor technique I think, possibly the blade is a tad harsh. I'm going to strop it before tomorrow's shave and probably put the guard back on.

20190611_042001.jpg

Man these early mornings are kicking my butt this week. Only 2 more after today though. Now where did I put my coffee?

SOTD 6.11.19

Weck Sextoblade no guard
Persona Hair Shaper (2)
Omega boar
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Well today was shave 2 with a he Weck and I decided to try it sans the guard. Results are about the same as yesterday but with fewer weepers and more irritation. Today's weepers I'm pretty sure were just a couple of yesterday's that were reopened but the irritation was most from poor technique I think, possibly the blade is a tad harsh. I'm going to strop it before tomorrow's shave and probably put the guard back on.

View attachment 4552

Man these early mornings are kicking my butt this week. Only 2 more after today though. Now where did I put my coffee?
Kyle, the Weck is wearing a set of vintage wooden scales that I salvaged. Not sure what type of wood it is or even how old they are. Should I seal it with something ?

Kyle, the Weck is wearing a set of vintage wooden scales that I salvaged. Not sure what type of wood it is or even how old they are. Should I seal it with something ?
it would probably be a good idea to help protect them. beeswax would probably be a pretty good option that is easy to apply, as long as you don't mind reapplying once in a while.

THis morning has been a 3 cup moring for me thus far. Might go for 4.
I'll be on cup 2 soon enough. and probably a 3rd after that. Drinking some really nice Ethiopian Harar this morning. Its the first batch i have roasted of this bean but i'm liking it for sure.

it would probably be a good idea to help protect them. beeswax would probably be a pretty good option that is easy to apply, as long as you don't mind reapplying once in a while.
I'll have to pick up some bees wax. Thanks

I'll be on cup 2 soon enough. and probably a 3rd after that. Drinking some really nice Ethiopian Harar this morning. Its the first batch i have roasted of this bean but i'm liking it for sure.

Mine is from Colombia but from a coastal area instead of the high mountains. It's good but has a spice note to it that I am not sure how I feel yet. We have been roasting enough to last us a week so I am committed to it through the end of the week. But after two days of it, not sure I will be ordering more.

SOTD 6.11.19

Weck Sextoblade no guard
Persona Hair Shaper (2)
Omega boar
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

View attachment 4552

There is a place where people shave with real razors, TSC, throw that Weck and give them a try :)

I'll have to pick up some bees wax. Thanks
I have used i think it was Minwax before with good results. i have actually been meaning to pick more up(old one got lost in a move) so i might try and do that this week and can get a coat on before i send it along if you like.

There is a place where people shave with real razors, TSC, throw that Weck and give them a try :)
fear not i have a few real razors and use them regularly :cool:

Bummer on the rougher shave! Maybe you need the training wheels on again :LOL:

Just kidding. Hopefully the stropping solves it.

I have used i think it was Minwax before with good results. i have actually been meaning to pick more up(old one got lost in a move) so i might try and do that this week and can get a coat on before i send it along if you like.

I wasn't fishing for it but if you happen to get some feel free.

Bummer on the rougher shave! Maybe you need the training wheels on again :LOL:

Just kidding. Hopefully the stropping solves it.

i just have a bad habit of using to much pressure with light blades. That's part of why i like bigger SRs.

Back