The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

being a few hours out it seems the mix does not have the staying power that straight Osage does so it would probably be great if you like to wear frags. Still, my face feels fantastic. i'm calling it a win.

SOTD 6.5.19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
TSC 1st anniversary brush "Talon"
Tabac soap
Thayers Coconut Water
Tabac AS
Tabac EdC

Had planned to do a video today but unfortunately I didn't have time, sorry folks. Maybe this weekend as I will have to get out the door early tomorrow.

As for the shave, I got the AS in the mail yesterday so I figured it was a great day for a Tabac shave. Got a great shave and smell great too!

I also tried Dave's cross face technique today and it's got potential. Just need to practice it more to figure out all my angles.

20190605_154508.jpg

I'm going to see Dave for a haircut tomorrow before work. I'm trying to make this a more regular thing instead of waiting 3 or 4 months in between. Have a great evening Cadre!

SOTD 6.6.19

AoS Dovo 6/8
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Iron Throne
Thayers Coconut Water
Old Spice AS

Had a decent shave today. Woke up feeling almost as tired as when I went to sleep. Got myself moving though and had a nice shave that got me to DFS. Did a video today that will be up later. Not one of my best but I did remember to try and show how I handled the upper lip for Cole @HMan.

After testing out the cross face method the last to shaves my face is feeling a bit tender from to much pressure I think. Tomorrow I'll use some less aggressive I think.

20190606_142253.jpg

Pic includes old spice cologne but my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders and I forgot to use it.

SOTD 6.6.19

AoS Dovo 6/8
CBL Iron Throne
Thayers Coconut Water
Old Spice AS

Had a decent shave today. Woke up feeling almost as tired as when I went to sleep. Got myself moving though and had a nice shave that got me to DFS. Did a video today that will be up later. Not one of my best but I did remember to try and show how I handled the upper lip for Cole @HMan.

After testing out the cross face method the last to shaves my face is feeling a bit tender from to much pressure I think. Tomorrow I'll use some less aggressive I think.

View attachment 4385

Pic includes old spice cologne but my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders and I forgot to use it.
Reading here I realized I left hotel and forgot to spray with my #63 Doh!!!!

SOTD 6.7.19

Schick J2
Schick blade (11)
Omega boar
CBL Sir Fougere
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Deep Woods

Got in to work and was surprised with big ol pile of busy work and forgot to get my shave posted.

Felt a lot better when I got up today so 5hat was a plus. Shave was great and got me DSBBS. I am really enjoying this soap. The green smells may just be where it's at for me, right up with the woody scents.

20190607_145851.jpg

SOTD 6.10.19

Weck Sextoblade
Persona hair shaper blade(1)
CBL Ghost Lime
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Lime AS

Fist use of the Weck from the pass around by John @The Monkey and it's a pretty nice shaver. Used it will the guard on today and it was actually much less annoying than I expected. It did however trick me into getting a little more lax than I should have been with skin stretching so I ended up loosing some fluid on my upper lip on pass 2. Overall I am almost fully BBS this morning, just a couple spots I missed that are just shy of the mark. I'm excited to try this tomorrow sans guard and see how that goes. So far I'm thinking this is going on my list of things to keep an eye out for.

20190610_041555.jpg

Also there is a video of this shave that will be up later today but it's got no talking so I will be putting some music in it. Had to be quiet and not wake those who didn't have to get up at 4am.

Good start. The guard is very clever and works well.

Kyle would you mind copying this to the passaround thread? It might drum up some more interest.

Good start. The guard is very clever and works well.

Kyle would you mind copying this to the passaround thread? It might drum up some more interest.
yeah i planned to. one of our field techs came in before i had the chance. Video will be posted there too once it's up.

SOTD 6.10.19

Weck Sextoblade
Persona hair shaper blade(1)
CBL Ghost Lime
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Lime AS

Fist use of the Weck from the pass around by John @The Monkey and it's a pretty nice shaver. Used it will the guard on today and it was actually much less annoying than I expected. It did however trick me into getting a little more lax than I should have been with skin stretching so I ended up loosing some fluid on my upper lip on pass 2. Overall I am almost fully BBS this morning, just a couple spots I missed that are just shy of the mark. I'm excited to try this tomorrow sans guard and see how that goes. So far I'm thinking this is going on my list of things to keep an eye out for.

View attachment 4506

Also there is a video of this shave that will be up later today but it's got no talking so I will be putting some music in it. Had to be quiet and not wake those who didn't have to get up at 4am.
My SOTD videos are silent for exactly that reason, Mrs CBLindsay would not appreciate my talking to myself while she tries to sleep. She has had such a terrible time sleeping of late I fear she would come in to join me in my video should I utter a syllable aloud.

That guard certainly gives a inflated sense of safety. I have shaved many a time with the guard on and been more than half asleep while doing so. I have yet to spill blood with the guard in place but I have caught myself carelessly slinging the blade about. The Weck without the guard is another story. The corners of those blades will bite as soon as you let your guard down.

as soon as you let your guard down.

Image result for i see what you did there gif

Back