The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Hope the shift goes well today! Bummer about the warming from the soap, thankfully it wasn’t prickly stinging...that would have been very bad!

GEM's are great for a quick and easy shave with great results, but they can be a little on the boring side sometimes.

SOTD 5/5/19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8 SR
RR 400
CBL Iron Throne
Generic WH
Osage Rub

Well I thought about using El Guapo for a cinco de mayo shave but the new CBL soaps were calling my name so I went GoT instead. I've never been a fan of bay rum scents but I can dig this one. It's not to strong but still present and the winter base is amazing. The perfect amount of cooling in my opinion. Keeping in mind that I do actually enjoy Chiseled Face Cryogen. This is not on that level of crazy but still strong from the start and longer lasting.

Overall a great BBS shave.

20190505_041020.jpg

Have a great day Cadre!

Enjoyed your reads and getting call caught up.

For anyone interested in what was done, our electric transmission supplier had a load tap changer(LTC) get stuck at -10. An LTC adjusts the voltage coming from a substation transformer in small amounts to account for loading and keeping the voltage in the proper range. They can tap from -16 to +16 where anything over zero raises the voltage and less than zero lowers it. -10 was way lower than it should have been and in order to fix B5 it the transmission supplier needed to totally de-energize the transformer. That was all yesterday so we set up switching to move all of our load off of that substation to a different one for the weekend. And repairs are scheduled for Monday. My job was to help come up with the switching plan and the run it over the radio in coordination with crews in the field. Some things I can control from my computer in the office and others have to be done on site. Plus side is everything ran pretty smooth and according to plan but it is a pretty big task for sure.

Image result for confused gif

SOTD 5/7/19

AoS Dovo SR
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Sir Fougere
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Oland

Thought about doing a video today but have some things I needed to get done before work so may that will happen tomorrow.

I really enjoyed the scent of this Sir Fougere. Never used the soap it's inspired by but this one is a great green scent with just a bit of powder. Got a great BBS shave and the tried the Avon Oland for the first time. It smells to me very cologne like with some powder as it dries. Didn't hang around very long but I like it.

20190507_140841.jpg

Ok time to go hunt down some Bingo calls

SOTD 5.8.19

Frederick Reynolds SR
"Talon" TSC First Anniversary Brush
CBL Chocolate Chip Cookie
Thayers Coconut Water
Pinaud Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Had to get up early today to get one of our dogs to a checkup in preparation for him to be a certified therapy dog. Got my shower and shave in when we got back before heading to work. Video is processing and will be up in a bit.

20190508_145539.jpg

All caught up Kyle. First of all that's awesome that your pup is going to be a therapy dog! He must be so much more well behaved than Willie 😂😂😂. We thought about getting him certified when he was younger but when he sees new people he usually get's so excited that he pees a little lol. Can't have that when you're a therapy dog!
I'm on the fence with the GOT soap. Everything about the scent description sounds great as separate parts, but combined I just can't picture it. I see you paired Osage Rub with it as a splash, but I'm not familiar with that either lol. That's another thing I usually try to do, match splashes with soaps. @CBLSoap.com needs to get on that! Either way it's in the cart waiting, I'm sure I'll actually pull the trigger on this one before the week is out lol.

Back