The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Is that a post Taco Bell thing?

254ea166052d7e2aa3ba0843880e1aa7.gif

SOTD 4/23/19

Gillette New SC w/ Shark Super Stainless (1)
Pilson w TGN synth
TOBS sandalwood soap
WH
Skin Bracer

After my last shave with the New it was time to pitch the blade so I decided to try one of the blades I got from Chad @Cvargo. The Shark was super smooth and efficient for sure. Came away with a solid BBS shave no problem.

The soap was good as usual and this was actually my first time to use SB. For sure a good classic AS.

20190423_090325.jpg

It's my week with the kids this week and we have a few things to get done around the house. Cleaned out the water dragon tank yesterday and today will be the beta tank.

Have a great day cadre.

Nice quick entry Kyle. Glad you liked the Shark Stainless... just stay away from the Shark Chrome

Indeed and thanks for coming into the shop Kyle it was fun. As usual I forgot to do a before shot so I pirated one from his videos. So here is the before and after nice low pomp sweep and tapered back.

Before:

After:

There will be a. video of the shave up in the Barbershop discussion thread soon

SOTD 4/28/19

Aos Dovo SR
TSC 1st anniversary brush "Talon"
CBL Dragons Blood
Thayers Coconut Water
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Well todays shave started off interesting to say the least. The sink drain has been slow to drain lately so I poured some draino in before my shower and then afterwards I turned the hot on full blast and went to open the door for my son since my wife and kids were getting back from the store. When I cam back the sink was totally full. Somehow the draino made it slower... so I ended up having to do some minor plumbing work to clear the drain of some nasty crap. Turns out couple of hair pins had somehow made their way down the drain and caught stuff that would normally have passed through just fine.

By that point my face needed something for pre shave since the effects of my shower were long gone so I loaded my brush and smeared the proto lather on and did a nice hot towel. After that is was business as usual and I got a nice BBS shave.

The Thayers came in yesterday so I figured I'd try it out. The smell is spot on. Nice light and sweet coconut water. Face feel was pretty nice too so I will have to see how I like it compared to the regular WH.

20190428_142927.jpg

The scents of the Thayers that I’ve smelled are spot on for what they are meant to be so far. As for the product’s effects, I feel like Thayers is more along the lines of Lucky Tiger for calming and some skin food, but surprisingly generic witch hazel has it beat for overall post shave feel.

If you have any aloe gel handy, try the 3:1 witch hazel/aloe blend! See what you think of that too.

Curious to hear your own comparisons.

The scents of the Thayers that I’ve smelled are spot on for what they are meant to be so far. As for the product’s effects, I feel like Thayers is more along the lines of Lucky Tiger for calming and some skin food, but surprisingly generic witch hazel has it beat for overall post shave feel.

If you have any aloe gel handy, try the 3:1 witch hazel/aloe blend! See what you think of that too.

Curious to hear your own comparisons.
i will see if i have any. my generic WH is already pretty close to what you did minus the Aloe and Bay Rum

Doh, that's a nice how do ya do. I suppose it's tough to get through a shave without a working sink.

Back