The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 4/18/19

Gillette New SC w/ GSB (5)
"Talon" TSC First Anniversary Brush
CBL Ghost Banana
WH
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Planned to use a straight this morning but wasn't sure I felt awake enough for it so I grabbed the New instead. Soap was its usual fantastic self and I came away with a solid BBS shave.

20190418_042739.jpg

Nice shave today Kyle! And nice to see that Arko still gets some love every now and then. I still think it is the best mass produced soap for the money.

Also I put together a little kit for a buddy at work to try out a DE. Letting him use the Microtouch One and a cheap badger brush plus a stick of Arko (he agrees it just smells like soap) and 4 blades. 2 Voskhod and 2 GSB. I will update after he tries it out.

That is mighty nice of you fine sir...and yes...I think Arko just smells like soap also!

I wish you success in making new shaving concerts Brother Kyle! ⛪:ROFLMAO:
Image result for i wanna rock! gif

SOTD 4/20/19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8 SR
Omega boar
Chambers El Guapo
WH
Avon Leather

20190420_042212.jpg

Finally got a straight shave in this morning but it seems my razor was mad at me cause I ended up with a Half Inigo during cleanup. Other than that a great BBS shave.

20190420_050008.jpg

Covering a day shift for a coworker today so hopefully it's a nice quiet Saturday.

Dyed eggs with the kids last night and they had a blast. Last year they were not very interested but this time they were very much into it. I will try to get some pics when I get home since u forgot to last night once they were dry.

Kyle, dying Easter eggs with the kids is the best. I loved doing that when my kids were young. That El Guapo soap sounds great. I'll have to try it someday. Enjoy your shaves!

Back