The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 4/15/19

Blackland Vector w/ Feather Pro(1)
"Talon" TSC First Anniversary Brush
Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood
WH
Florida Water

Swapped out the Shick blade for a feather this morning. Not sure I could really feel much of a difference between the two but end result of a BBS shave and no irritation is what's important. Still looking like this is not going to make my wishlist so I think I will give it one more spin tomorrow and then get it headed out to visit @NurseDave on Wednesday.

20190415_041735.jpg

Well we spent the weekend getting my Daughter's room repainted. My wife wants to work our way through the whole house over the next several months so that should be fun. Back at work this morning for 4 days of beating the sun out of bed.

Have a great day Cadre.

SOTD 4/15/19

Blackland Vector w/ Feather Pro(1)
"Talon" TSC First Anniversary Brush
Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood
WH
Florida Water

Swapped out the Shick blade for a feather this morning. Not sure I could really feel much of a difference between the two but end result of a BBS shave and no irritation is what's important. Still looking like this is not going to make my wishlist so I think I will give it one more spin tomorrow and then get it headed out to visit @N43rseDave on Wednesday.

Well we spent the weekend getting my Daughter's room repainted. My wife wants to work our way through the whole house over the next several months so that should be fun. Back at work this morning for 4 days of beating the sun out of bed.

Have a great day Cadre.

Wow, we have our first Vector defeat! Will there be more? Can anyone else escape the Vector's Medusa like stare? Ya, probably not me. I'm a sucker for hype.

Hey Kyle, stop your wife from reading @NurseDave journal or when your done painting the house you'll buy a new shed and be sipping wine throughout the Napa Valley on weekends 😋
She doesn't need to see @NurseDave journal for that. her favorite thing is to say "when we have money and nothing better to do with it...(insert work for me to do)". She rarely seems to agree with me when i propose something "better" to do with extra money... 😜

She doesn't need to see @NurseDave journal for that. her favorite thing is to say "when we have money and nothing better to do with it...(insert work for me to do)". She rarely seems to agree with me when i propose something "better" to do with extra money... 😜
Ah, the ole voting pool of one.

Well at least she doesn’t expect you to work for free!

All caught up Kyle, good stuff. It seems you avoided the hype with the vector and were really able to really determine if it’s a fit for you. It also seems that your wife and my wife share the same ideas when it comes to extra cash. 😂😂😂

SOTD 4/16/19

Blackland Vector w/ Feather Pro (2)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Dragons Blood
WH
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Final shave with the Vector this morning. I will get it fully cleaned up and packed tonight after work to send out tomorrow.

The results were as expected. This razor consistently gives a very good shave, it's just not as enjoyable for me as others I have.

Big thanks to Gus @GlazedBoker for running this pass around. I'm glad to have tried it, even if it's not for me.

20190416_041630.jpg

Which begs the question, what are you more enjoyable SEs?
i really do enjoy my 1912. it's a bit of a pain around the nose but i have figured that out so no big deal, but the main one i really enjoy is the Schick J2 injector i found in the wild a few weeks ago. That thing can zip around my face super fast and easy and i have yet to nit get an exceptional shave from it.

Ah ... so there is a camp of people who may not like the razor. Good to know.

Almost forgot to post today's shave.

SOTD 4/17/19

Schick J2 w/Schick blade(5)
VDH boar brush
Arko
WH
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Wanted a fast shave today so I could stop by the post office before work so I grabbed the Arko and, just to be sure I really like the Jectah better than the Vectah (sorry had to) I grabbed that too.

The Arko was very good as always. And it was confirmed that I very much prefer the schick over the Vector. It's just way more maneuverable for me and I actually ended up with a very fast yet Grail level shave.

20190417_040855.jpg

It's been a pretty busy day today right from the start. Barely had time to get my coffee made.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Back