The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Nice shave Kyle—I love Tabac!
I'm right there with you. I had been curious for a while but never pulled the trigger. Then while picking up a replacement bottle of perfume for my wife(first one got dropped and it was the first one she found that she really liked and could wear due to allergy issues) they had a BOGO deal going so i tested a couple and found i really like the Tabac so i got that and then got the soap to go with it.

SOTD 4/6/19

George Wostenholm SR
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Dragons Blood
WH
Osage Rub

Yesterday's shave was so good I didn't have a lot of growth. Easily still in SAS territory. Wosty got me back to BBS just fine. The dragons blood scent from this soap could not be more spot on. It is fantastic. Performance was also great as expected. Couldn't figure out a good scent match fo AS from what I have so osage was called in. Really capped off the shave nicely.

20190406_041421.jpg

Hoping for a nice quiet weekend at work.
Ya'll have a good one!

Oh that Dragon's Blood is SOOOO nice!

Now the previous shave...not so much...The Veg and Tabac...my two least favorite scents in all of shaving! But I guess we can still be friends... 🤪

SOTD 4/7/19

Gillette New SC w/ GSB (4)
Razor Rock 400
Cherry City Willamette Woods
WH
Avon Deep Woods
DSC Cardamom and Cedar Edt sample

Well it's my Friday for this set of shifts so for no particular reason I decided to use the New and give the cherry city sample from the anniversary brush package a go. Scent off the sample was light but nice. Scooped a good amount into my salsa bowl and started working up the lather. This is a pretty firm soap so I didn't end up using all of what I put in the bowl but I got a really nice lather pretty easy. The scent seemed to either get lighter or I just got used to it but I got a great shave. Solid BBS once again.

On to the Edt. My wife uses dollar shave club(she has tried wet Shaving a couple times but decided it wasn't for her, but she hasn't tried an injector yet so we'll see) in her most recent delivery that she opened yesterday there were 6 single use Edt samples for scents they either now offer or may soon, haven't checked. She gave them to me so I figured I'd try one out. The Cardamom and Cedar looked like a good match for the rest of my shave and while not a scent I would choose for myself normally it's not bad. Pretty light and mostly just a generally fresh scent.

20190407_041255.jpg

Nice shave Kyle! I too have a sample of the Willamette Woods. I need to get to it and check it out!

I didn’t know DSC did EdTs! That’s a great selling point for them I’m sure, total shave package.

Have a great Sunday!

Good stuff Kyle. I love Tabac but have never even tried to attempt the Quadra pod urine challenge. My missus has asthma and Special Reserve Clubman set her off I would hate to think what the Veg would do.

Nice shave Kyle and .........

Oh that Dragon's Blood is SOOOO nice!

Now the previous shave...not so much...The Veg and Tabac...my two least favorite scents in all of shaving! But I guess we can still be friends... 🤪
Step up from yesterday for sure 😋
Talk about a huge swing! Glad you survived yesterdays .......stuff to enjoy today's scents.

Tabac:
View attachment 1693

The Veg:
View attachment 1692
BLASPHEMERS!!!!

Back