The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 3/24/19

Frederick Reynolds SR
Omega boar
Clown Puke Tub
WH
Osage rub

Sorry folks no pic today.

After a long day working on the setup for the chickens (its almost done but I keep having to stop to recharge the battery for my tools) I got in a shower and shave before dinner.

My CP tub is more a 3 soaps tub at the moment but it is very interesting. Scott's pine sheep and Texas on fire from Stirling and Ghost Pineapple from CBL. The Pineapple comes through strongest and the other two kinda meld together. Over all it's like if you took chunks of dole Pineapple and skewered them and grilled them.

Did 2 passes and got a nice DFS shave. Also if anyone was wondering osage rub feels great on a sunburn. ;)

So we are close to Chicken Nirvana. BTW want some eggs, we are over run,LOL

SOTD 3/29/19

Aos Dovo SR
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Ghost Banana
WH
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Man, how the heck has it been 5 days since I last shaved? Decided to try out the Ghost Banana today and I really enjoyed it. Definitely a great natural banana scent that is on the ripe side of the banana spectrum(the best side in my opinion). Only loaded for about 10-15 seconds and had plenty of lather for 3 passes and a post shave lather soak. The Whiskey Woods paired really well with the soap too.

Missed my angle of approach in a couple spots so I'm calling it a really nice DFS.

20190329_141541.jpg

Got my 1st anniversary brush in today and I am absolutely thrilled! @Smattayu did an amazing job on these and all the vendors and artisans who donated samples to go with the brush are equally awesome.

20190329_204458.jpg

Ghost Banana sounds incredible. I still haven't broken out my tub of Ghost Lime yet lol. Really need to get on that.

SOTD 3/30/19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8 SR
RR 400 aluminum
Oz Tik-Tok sample from pass around.
WH
Avon Leather

So I have determined my top 3 from the samples. Tik-Tok, Tornadic and Woodsman. Today I decided to try the Tik-Tok as it was the one I feel I would be least likely to reach for just based off the smell from the container. Overall I really did enjoy the scent but I think it's just a bit to sweet for me to want to use it regularly.

I probably should have scoop a bit more out than I did as my lather ended up going on a bit thin. But still provided a good medium for a solid BBS shave.

Tomorrow I'll use Tornadic. I will probably skip on using the Woodsman just because I already know I like it a lot and so does my wife so that is top of the list.

20190330_151108.jpg

And yes I know I didn't use the anniversary brush. I'm saving that for Monday to be done on video.

SOTD 3/31/19

Dubl Duck Satinedge
Pilson w/ TGN synth
Oz Tornadic
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Man oh man was to de says shave good. First off, I had never used a Dubl Duck until today and I now understand the hype. The steel is super hard and the geometry is spot on which provided for a clean, super sharp edge that was also very smooth even fresh off the hones. This one isn't mine but I now know it's on my short list if I see a good one for a good price (haha).

As for the soap, today's lather was leaps and bounds better than yesterday and I really like the extremely fresh scent of Tornadic. This one makes my list to pick up soon for sure.

20190331_130618.jpg

Back