The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Good stuff Kyle! So what are thinking for tomorrow? Do you even remember what other soaps you have? 😂😂😂
i spent a good 5-10 minutes looking trough and opening a few to smell. I am between CBL Ghost Lime, Chambers El Guapo and Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood.

i spent a good 5-10 minutes looking trough and opening a few to smell. I am between CBL Ghost Lime, Chambers El Guapo and Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood.
I remember reading the description for El Guapo and thinking it was going to be really good. If I had my choice it would probably be that, or the CBL Ghost Lime. I'm not a Coconut fan so the other choice loses lol.

It is very good. I think it is just going to come down to my mood when i wake up. Dark scent or light. the only other thing i was thinking is i haven't tried the sample of ghost pineapple @CBLindsay included with my order. It is the version 2 base so i might just give that a go.

TO MANY CHOICES!

I have used it a couple times and i really like it. I have that and Prospect Creek from her. Both are fantastic. I'm digging a hole lol might have to roll a die.

SOTD 3/14/19

Aos Dovo
Pilson w/ TGN synth
Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood
WH
Florida Water

Shave didn't go great today. You can see it in the video in my vlog section but after the first pass I didn't talk much. Didn't get the lather where it needed to be and everything went from there. Not a bad shave, still got a solid DFS but not the stellar shave I was hoping for either.

Pretty much everything wanted to wake me up at some point today when i tried to sleep. I'm blaming that for just not having my head together for this shave.

Sorry for the rough shave Kyle. Hope you get adjusted to the new schedule soon...and you find some real rest!

SOTD 3/17/19

GEM 1912 w/gem blade(1)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL 3 pines
WH
Osage Rub
Brut cologne

Happy St. Patrick's day Cadre!

Ment to get this on video this morning but I didn't set an alarm so my body decided to pull a fast one and catch up on sleep I'd missed without asking. So evening shave it is after a long day of working outside in 85 degree weather. Couldn't just skip it since I planned everything out last night and had been saving the first use of the Brut for today.

Decided to do the greenest shave I could and it was great. BBS but the new gem blade did give me a few weepers.

Still plan to shave in the morning with something super mild. Only going to have about 8 hrs of growth so there won't be much but I think I'm gonna need it to wake me up. I'd be @She Shaves With Jill can even guess what soap I plan on using 😜

Also I'm about to star getting Bingo cards sent out.

SOTD 3/18/19

Microtouch One w/ Voskhod (?)
Omega boar
CFG Cryogen
WH
Avon Clint
Avon Leather
G-60
With only 8 hrs since my last shave I really didn't have much in the way of growth so I kept it mild with the MTO and the Voskhod that was in it.
Definitely wanted my wakeup soap this morning so Cryogen it was. I really like this soap for what it is and if anyone wants the full experience with it you pretty much have to use cold water and face lather.

Also realized my Avon leather was a cologne and not an AS so I used it after the clint for the lasting leather scent. As expected they pair well.
I-26
20190318_065717.jpg

Back