The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Also realized my Avon leather was a cologne and not an AS
I've found that there isn't too much difference between them (never actually compared the ingredients though)...... so I still just use the colognes as aftershaves.

I've found that there isn't too much difference between them (never actually compared the ingredients though)...... so I still just use the colognes as aftershaves.
I'll keep that in mind. it felt like the Leather had more alcohol burn than the Clint but that can vary between AS too.

SOTD 3/19/19

Gillette New SC w/ GSB (3)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Ghost Pineapple Sample
WH
Florida Water

Decided to give the sample of Ghost Pineapple a go today. Performance was absolutely fantastic. Scent was strong but I'm not a huge fan of Pineapple. If you added some coconut to this I think we could have a real winner. The cooling agent in this felt very subtle compared to my last shave, as it should, but was very nice. Walked away BBS after 2 and a half passes and zero irritation.
20190319_080626.jpg

SOTD 3/17/19

GEM 1912 w/gem blade(1)
CBL 3 pines
WH
Osage Rub
Brut cologne

Happy St. Patrick's day Cadre!

Ment to get this on video this morning but I didn't set an alarm so my body decided to pull a fast one and catch up on sleep I'd missed without asking. So evening shave it is after a long day of working outside in 85 degree weather. Couldn't just skip it since I planned everything out last night and had been saving the first use of the Brut for today.

Decided to do the greenest shave I could and it was great. BBS but the new gem blade did give me a few weepers.
View attachment 665

Still plan to shave in the morning with something super mild. Only going to have about 8 hrs of growth so there won't be much but I think I'm gonna need it to wake me up. I'd be @She Shaves With Jill can even guess what soap I plan on using 😜

Also I'm about to star getting Bingo cards sent out.
Chiseled Face Cryogen?

SOTD 3/20/19

Schick Injector Type J2 w/Schick blade
Razor Rock 400
Stirling Texas on Fire
WH
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Well what can I say except... 'jectah!

Man I get the hype on these now. The shave was super smooth, super easy and I had dolphins singing in the desert before the dry down.

The Texas on Fire is pretty nice. Solid performance as expected from Stirling and the smell was very much like a campfire with a little hardwood smoke in there for good measure. I added the rest of this sample as well as the rest of th he Scott's pine sheep i had to the clown puke top with the CBL Ghost Pineapple and @Cvargo it smells just like grilled Pineapple.

20190320_041438.jpg

So after work yesterday I mentioned the death nut video to the person coming on shift and she watched mine last night. That sparked a conversation about chilies this morning and made me remember several years ago we went through Hatch, NM where the Hatch chilies are from and it happened to be during a pepper festival or something. That town really likes their green chilies. Anyway I highly recommend checking it out if you happen to be taking the interstate from Las Cruces towards Albuquerque.

Love visiting my aunt in rio rancho and McDonald's has burgers with green chilies. Love the flavor of them on burgers, eggs etc etc.etc

SOTD 3/21/19

Schick type J2 w/Schick blade(2)
Chambers El Guapo
WH
Avon Leather

Since the shave went so well with the 'jectah yesterday I decided to use it again and see how it does 2 days in a row. It really took the hair down yesterday too because this morning I was just at the point between DFS and SAS. Well I had another very nice shave and my face is once again super smooth and no irritation. This really is a great example of the difference between efficiency and aggressiveness.

El Guapo once again performed very well and I still love the way this stuff smells and the leather paired well too. I'm going to have to find myself a backup of the leather because SWMBO noted that is smelled really nice last time I used it. And that was at the end of the day.

20190321_041635.jpg
47 2d 35 38

Back