The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Ooh...bad luck with the time! Hey...everyone here is happy about the time time change. That means I can do more outside in the evening now! Maybe...we just need to go to permanent DST for the entire country! 🤪
It's all in your head man. The sun couldn't give 2 hoots what your watch says😜
Nice relaxing shave there Kyle. Doesn't your phone have a deselect option on time updates?
Kinda I have to select the mountain standard time manually. Mountain Standard doesn't change with DST but mountain Daylight does. The problem is when they pushed one of the last updates for my phone they turned off my manual timezone selection and the default for the network was Daylight time for some unknown reason.

Shoot, not all pictures are showing up for me. What gives? Is it this new fangled website? do I need to upgrade some Java or something?

Shoot, not all pictures are showing up for me. What gives? Is it this new fangled website? do I need to upgrade some Java or something?
Not sure Jim. I haven't had that issue yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We here have been trying to stay in this time for a long time! But our representatives state they know more than us. Just. Search about the 2 thinks we voted on recently. Our lovely legislature changed the whole thing stating " we didn't know what we were voting for"

SOTD 3/12/19

Gillette New SC w/ GSB(1)
Hair Brush
CFG Summer Storm (40)
WH
Pinaud Clubman

Well I did my entry for this months stunt shave. Used a hair brush and it was not pleasant. Also tried a GSB blade for the first time and 5hat was great. Somehow came away 2 pass BBS but that brush was ROUGH!

It looks like tomorrow will be the end of the Summer Storm so I will probably do a video of that too. Not sure on the rest of the lineup yet. We will see how my face feels. Video for today is up in my vlog section.

Man, that one was probably the only idea so far that was worse than my exfoliating brush idea lol.

SOTD 3/13/19

Gillette New SC w/ GSB(2)
RR 400
CFG Summer Storm(41)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Well it finally happened. the tub is empty. 376

There was probably a bit more than I needed for 1 shave but after yesterday's alt brush shave I decided to just send it out with the absolute best lather I could get out of it. Smeared what was left into my salsa bowl ( btw KJ these are amazing shave bowls, thanks for the tip(y)) then built it up with the Dagwoodz spray bottle technique till I had this

Had a great shave full BBS.

Now I have to actually CHOOSE a soap for tomorrows shave. I have no idea what it will be but that is tomorrow's problem lol

Josh’s spray technique is pretty great! I’ve got really hard water so am spritzing distilled water with a bit of glycerine thrown for good measure. It actually helped me raise a Lather on Eucris!

Back