The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

I dunno, 6-6 I'd just leave all my shower and shaving stuff till the evening and roll out of bed 10min before I had to leave the house.

Good stuff as of late! Those Voskhod blades are not the sharpest of blades (I like them because they are smooth) so going from those to a straight can be really interesting! I like the new logo also...modern and refined!

I prefer working early. Get more of the evenings with the kids. My standard shift 6AM to 2:30PM

SOTD 1/21/19

Microtouch One w/ Voskhod (5)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CFG Summer Storm (13)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Was dragging this morning so went for the MTO as I know I can get a pretty mindless shave with it and the Voskhod. Ended up BBS but did nick myself once in a spot I knew I should have paid more attention to. Now to figure out what use for my 3 soaps 1 bowl Challenge.

SOTD 1/22/19

Frederick Reynolds SR
Van Der Hagen boar brush
CFG Summer Storm (14)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Third razor probably has the smoothest edge of the 3 in my rotation right now. Got a solid BBS on most of my face and boarderline DFS/BBS just under the jawline and very minimal irritation. After todays shave this tub is down to 131g

I'm thinking my 3 soap Challenge will have to wait till Friday when I'm off work. Don't think I can pull off a video I'm happy with till then without waking my wife up and being subsequently murdered for doing so. Keep an eye out for it that day.

In the meantime I have an impression for you guys. Who am i?

SOTD 1/23/19

George Wostenholm SR
Ever Ready w/ 2 Band Badger
CFG Summer Storm (15)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Really nice shave this morning. Ended up doing some cleanup and got the full BBS but paid for it with a bit of irritation.

Did an encore of my impression from yesterday and I think it went well.

That’s awesome in a twisted kinda way.

Theres actually a few different ones. Not sure where they’re from.
1f602.png

Back