The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 1/12/19

Yuma razor w/ Voskhod (2)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CFG Summer Storm (8)
WH
Osage rub

It was rough getting up for work this morning but more on that later. Started my day off with another very nice shave from the Yuma. I think I got the blade lined up better today. Seems l I'll ke it just has more wiggle room than I realized as I put it all together. 3017 still going well and th he 2 band is starting to feel a little more broken in. Might stick with it for a few shaves to further that process. Finished up BBS after 2 passes.

Just finished breakfast at the office. Made a Dutch Baby which I shared with a couple of coworkers who happened to come in today. One of them who is in relatively often on the weekends (he's the facility maintenance guy) brought in some ground elk and hashbrowns to cook up so we has a pretty solid breakfast between the two of us.

For those who are unfamiliar with what a Dutch baby is here is a pic as it come out of the oven.
and here it is about 1 minute later.

So the reason for the rough morning was from yesterday. 30 min before my shift ended we had a massive voltage spike in one of our substations that was unable to be corrected remotely so crews had to be called in and had to drop all load from the sub to protect the system and consumers. Long story short my 12 hr shift ended up being a 16 hr one by the time everything was taken care of.

Have a great day Cadre

Nice shave Kyle. My Fatip Grande can line up unevenly like that sometimes if I don't pay attention.

So what exactly is in a Dutch Baby? It looks pretty good!

Thanks guys and yes its also known as a German pancake. They are super easy and have a very eggy texture. This one has a smidge of sugar and some vanilla mixed in the batter but you can leave those out for use with more savory fillings/toppings.

But it’s Dutch...

Pennsylvania Dutch-The Pennsylvania Dutch are a cultural group formed by early German-speaking immigrants to Pennsylvania and their descendants. The word "Dutch" does not refer to the Dutch people or Dutch language, but to the German settlers, known as Deutsch and Deitsch

Cool info Dave. I had a feeling it was a reference to Deutsch but never looked it up.

SOTD 1/13/19

Yuma razor w/ Voskhod (3)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CFG Summer Storm (9)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Another very nice shave from the Yuma. For something made so cheaply it really does perform well. This will be my last use of the razor as I'm not likely going to get a chance to shave tomorrow and plan to mail it out Tuesday to the next guy.

Woke up to some rain this morning which is always nice out here in the desert. Hopefully things will be pretty quiet at work, but you never know what the sky water might get into and cause issues. Plan to get caught up on some Videos if I can.

Have a great day Cadre.

Nice set of shaves Kyle...and while I have never had a Dutch Baby...I have wanted to try one for quite some time. One quick question...are you tired of the Summer storm yet?
1f60b.png

Nice set of shaves Kyle...and while I have never had a Dutch Baby...I have wanted to try one for quite some time. One quick question...are you tired of the Summer storm yet?
1f60b.png

well here is how to make one

My dependable recipe:

• 3 tablespoons butter

• 3 eggs, room temp

• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

• 3/4 cup milk, heated 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave

• 1 tablespoon sugar

• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

• Pinch salt

Mix together eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt until well combined.

Put Skillet in oven and preheat to 400*F.

When oven is at ~ 385-390*F add 3 tablespoons butter to skillet.
Once oven is at 400*F and butter is melted pour all batter into center of skillet.
Bake until cooked through and browned; about 15-20 minutes.

And no i'm not tired of Summer Storm yet.

well here is how to make one

My dependable recipe:

• 3 tablespoons butter

• 3 eggs, room temp

• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

• 3/4 cup milk, heated 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave

• 1 tablespoon sugar

• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

• Pinch salt

Mix together eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt until well combined.

Put Skillet in oven and preheat to 400*F.

When oven is at ~ 385-390*F add 3 tablespoons butter to skillet.
Once oven is at 400*F and butter is melted pour all batter into center of skillet.
Bake until cooked through and browned; about 15-20 minutes.

And no i'm not tired of Summer Storm yet.

Thanks!

Pennsylvania Dutch-The Pennsylvania Dutch are a cultural group formed by early German-speaking immigrants to Pennsylvania and their descendants. The word "Dutch" does not refer to the Dutch people or Dutch language, but to the German settlers, known as Deutsch and Deitsch

You’re absolutely right Dave. I should’ve known this too, just didn’t put the 2 together.

Henceforth Kyle will no longer be chasing BBS, he’ll be chasing the DB (deutsch baby).
1f602.png

Back