The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 1/7/19

Rolls Razor
Omega boar
CFG Summer Storm
WH
Avon Deep Woods AS

Another very good shave with the Rolls Razor. Changed up the AS today and it's a nice pairing. Also recorded my second Vlog which will be up soon. Aside from 1 small patch I had to be careful around due to a bump I am BBS and ready for the day.

Bump? SHaving while driving?

Rolls Razors are really cool. The concept is neat and different but can be complicated. Have one i picked up a while back but have yet to figure it out. Glad to hear you got a great shave from the Rolls!

SOTD 1/10/19

Yuma DE w/ Dorco 300 (new)
Omega boar
CFG Summer Storm (6)
WH
Pinaud Clubman

Got a very nice shave from the Yuma. Seemed pretty mild to me. It is very light and almost has a dragging feeling as you shave. Video will be posted later but got a mostly BBS shave.

Dude .. do you see that you usually use compaired to this butter knife?
Maybe a shapper blade do make it more agressive and get rid of the drag.

Until Monday that's the only DE blades I had. I jumped right into straight razors when I started wet Shaving. It has taken me years to get through this one 10 pack. I do have some voskhods now so I will try those. I just wanted to start with a known as far as the blade goes.

SOTD 1/11/19

Yuma razor w/ Voskhod (new)
VDH boar
CFG Summer Storm (7)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Very nice shave today. One side still feels more aggressive than the other but both side do their job. This was my first time using a Voskhod and it felt pretty smooth. I know I have very limited knowledge of DE blades but these worked and were not uncomfortable. Got a full BBS today and off to work. Should be meeting a new guy today that's joining our office.

Nice reads. You might want to go read the Bad Blade thread about that Dorco. I am using them currently and have uncovered some interesting info. Spoiler alert... I think the one you used is a fake.

Thanks. And it is looking like the new guy might be out sick. Any tips on getting the sides of this razor evened up? i tried to make sure i had everything lined up but it's almost like the cap pushes down on the blade just a bit more on one side maybe.

Thanks. And it is looking like the new guy might be out sick. Any tips on getting the sides of this razor evened up? i tried to make sure i had everything lined up but it's almost like the cap pushes down on the blade just a bit more on one side maybe.
I have no idea. Not problems with mine that I remember and I never checked that one. Pretty cheap metal so I doubt you can do much about it.

Nice reads. You might want to go read the Bad Blade thread about that Dorco. I am using them currently and have uncovered some interesting info. Spoiler alert... I think the one you used is a fake.

Haha Well it worked fine for me and i they came with the Microtouch One Razor i have so i can't say i am all that surprised.

There goes $3
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Should take it out of his first Sabbatical!

I like those Voskhod blades, they are smooth. A pair of channel-locks should fix that razor right up. Shhhh don’t tell Dave.

Back