The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Gah! Second page!

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: Caramel Macchiato Corleone
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Aftershave: Barbasol Pacific Rush

EDP: Banana Republic 78 Vintage Green

A great shave with a couple new-to-me items this morning. I got the Pacific Rush aftershave in a trade with @dangerousdon. He sent me two bottles of PR and a tub of PdP 63 shave soap. It was a great trade, and I'm loving what I got out of it. The other is my new shave brush. I think it was @GearNoir that mentioned what the colors looked like while it was still in blank form, and the color scheme name stuck. Every time I branch out while turning a handle @BarberDave gives it a name from The Godfather, and this style has been dubbed The Corleone.

Maca Root is a staple in my shave den, and it was one of the best values in wet shaving for a while. It has been reformulated and the price has been hiked up, but I'm still digging the original. The Corleone(never gonna get sick of saying that) whipped up a nice lather. The knot is good, though it is a bit of a lather hog. Easy enough to fix by loading it up with a ton of product, and suds were flying before long. Three passes and I was happily BBS. A hefty glug of Pacific Rush, which I am totally digging, and my face felt fantastic.

A few sprays of Vintage Green finished the shave off beautifully. I've really been impressed with BR's Icon collection. I own a few of them, and this one is definitely my favorite. They can be found at discounters for cheap, and you get plenty of bang for your buck. Vintage Green describes this one perfectly. It is a classic smelling frag. Green, woodsy, and somewhat dry. Projection is ok, and though the longevity is not great I still love it.

LbOG7eCl.jpg

It is packing week, and the move will be early next week. I'm scrambling to use up the rest of my casting resin since it has a limited shelf life, but I hope to be posting more once the move is done. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Nice post Eric and good luck with the move!
Thanks Pat!
Dude, that brush is awesome!
Thanks Dave! I’m really happy with how it came out.
Great looking setup!
Thanks Tim!
Good luck with the move. I for one am glad you got out of Flint!
Lol me too, though I’ll be back there to visit once they lift the lockdown at the center.
Great setup and BEAUTIFUL brush Eric
Thanks Dave!
Beautiful brush!!! Good luck with the move!
Thanks Mark! The toughest part is probably going to Tetris the heck out of my storage unit to fit the new stuff I’ve added to the workshop lol.
The Corleone Is gorgeous. I presume it's the Don.
It is the Don!

I’ve wanted a brush with a Timberwolf knot for a while, but I never had one laying around when I was in the mood to turn...until this morning.

97F91ED7-5FDD-4775-89A7-3030947F85C1.jpeg

First time turning the polyester resin. It is some hard stuff, but I think it came out great.

Hey folks, just checking in. I'm still alive and shavin. My church has been doing services online, and has been using this time to renovate the sanctuary, so I've been helping with that while I'm laid off.

Happy news on the job front; the call came in the other day and I go back to work on Monday. I hope everyone is doing well, and hope to be on more going forward. Have a blessed night all!

Back