The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: B&M 42
Aftershave: Paladin balm

EDT: B&M 42

Excellent shave today with one of the more unique scents in my soap collection. I'm honestly not sure if I would love this one like I do if it were not an homage to one of my favorite books, but digging too deep into my motivations is a great way to end up insane, so I just accept it. A three pass BBS left me happy. I'm not sure how many shaves are on this blade, but it has to be around 15. I usually bin the ProGuards after 10 or so, but it's still working so I'll keep it until it starts tugging. I never got around to picking up the matching AS, so just used Paladin, and a few sprays of the EDT had me skipping out of the shave den with a smile on my face. This is a scent to wear outside the house only if you are wiling to weather the occasional funny look, so it is a great one for today.

MoUJMRol.jpg

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Naid
Aftershave Murphy & McNeil Naid balm

EDP: Dua Fragrances Supernova

I unintentionally went with this months theme by using a sample that @MilkCrate sent me for today's shave. The notes in M&M Naid are Apricot and Freesia. Both fruity and floral, though I get mostly apricot from it. Love...This...Scent! It is labeled as a shave soap, but it is has the consistency of a fairly thick shave cream. When lathering I noticed there were little solid pieces in it. I was worried that they might get in the way of the shave, but they dissipated during my leisurely face lather. It didn't take a lot of water to get it where I wanted it, and I was happy with the performance. Three passes left me with a marvelous BBS. The soap was really good, but the balm was the star of the show today. It left my skin feeling fantastic. A couple sprays of Supernova and I was right as rain. This frag is a clone of Roja Elysium. Smells wonderful, with great projection and longevity.

I was considering pulling the trigger, so I took a look at Naid on M&M's site and found something that really impressed me:
"This soap was the first of our line dedicated to supporting families with Autism. Naid, meaning zero, represents the start of our journey. Now, every purchase on Murphy and McNeil shaving products supports ACT"
I've mentioned here before that my nephew was diagnosed with ASD. He is the sweetest kid. I love him to death, and I know what my sister and BIL have gone through getting him the care he needs. If I was on the fence about picking up this soap and AS before, that definitely tipped me over the edge.
cFfqHuGl.jpg

Making slow cooker Jumbalaya for dinner tonight!
e7JOAOVl.jpg

5 more hours before draining the juice to make the rice with, and we're eating good. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

BBS and right as rain! BOOM!

Man that Jambalaya looks good too!
Love the effects on the shave gear photo. Kudos to the company for its good works. (y)
Dang, feast at Eric’s house today.
Cool I for on the Naid! And wowza on the jambalaya! :love:

Thanks guys! I’m really looking forward to dinner. First time using Tony Chachere’s in a recipe. Used both regular and Bold.

Nice post Eric! I really like M&M especially for reasons like that. I have Trinity and I enjoy the scent and performance a lot. Also, that Jambalaya looks awesome!

Tony Chachere's is the stuff!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It really is. 2 teaspoons regular, 1 of Bold, and a dash of smoked habanero. Dinner last night was tasty.
Nice post Eric! I really like M&M especially for reasons like that. I have Trinity and I enjoy the scent and performance a lot. Also, that Jambalaya looks awesome!
Thanks Pat. Definitely going to pull the trigger on Naid.

No shave today. My nephew had a rough night, which meant that everyone had a rough night lol. Dragged myself out of bed, threw on a huge splash of Royall Lyme, quick breakfast, and out to the wood shop. Spent some time working on a brush and getting some things ready for tomorrow’s Zoom call. I hope the guys that are participating are as excited as I am.

Back