The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Smattayu

"The TSC's Comic Book Savant"
Legacy
Hobbyist
Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Maggard's 2-band
Razor: 1973 Gillette Superspeed
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Lisa's Naturals Sample #2
Aftershave: Shaving Shop Club Hemingway 1898+1
EDP: Bvlgari Man In Black

Shaving journal 2.0 starts off with a sample of one of Lisa's new test formulas. I won't comment on the performance until it's been used for a couple more shaves, but I enjoyed the scent. It's more of a cold day scent for me, and the SOS seems considerably higher to my nose than sample #1, which was quite mild.

The shave was very nice. It's been a while since I used a DE, and it felt like a good day to break out the birth-year razor. I'm not sure how many shaves the blade has on it, but it went through stubble like a horror movie psycho through a locker room full of cheerleaders, so there couldn't be many. Three passes with minor clean up left me with a fingertip-pleasing BBS, and the Hemingway paired beautifully with the soap. Three Vassily's of MIB and I was out the door. I think most of the people at work expect me to smell good by now, so comments on any frag have been few and far between the last few months, but this one got some positive attention today.

It is a pleasure to be in this forum with most of my favorite people from Benzos & Barbituates, and may any political nonsense here always be met with a swift and decisive boot to the metaphorical head.

Great shave Eric. I used that same knot today, just mine is in a Made Rite handle.

Smattayu said:
I'm not sure how many shaves the blade has on it, but it went through stubble like a horror movie psycho through a locker room full of cheerleaders, so there couldn't be many.

You sir are the Shakespeare of shaving

Nice shave Eric! Looking forward to see what your thoughts are on the new Lisa's formulation!

Quijote said:
Great shave Eric. I used that same knot today, just mine is in a Made Rite handle.

It's a good knot, and reasonably priced.

NurseDave said:
You sir are the Shakespeare of shaving

Lol thanks Dave.

Dagwoodz said:
Nice shave Eric! Looking forward to see what your thoughts are on the new Lisa's formulation!

I'm liking it so far, and will do a more thorough write up in a couple days.

Straight razor shave #419

Brush: Barzini
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: Lisa's Sample #2
Aftershave: Shaving Shop Club Hemingway 1898+1
EDP: Bvlgari Man in Black

Fairly quick and fantastic shave this morning. One more shave with this sample, using a traditional straight, will round out the testing, but I'm liking it so far. Two passes with a little clean up left me with a BBSG. No burn from the aftershave, and three Vassily's of MIB was just what I needed to pull my previously sluggish self into work.

Looking forward to Tuesday, which is my first day off this week. I'm working on a slightly different application of something I've done before in The Dungeon, and should be able to have it finished up then, Hopefully it looks as good as it did in my head. Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Nice shave. I am super stoked about those brushes you made for me. That cashmere knot was an excellent call. It could easily become my favorite brush in the den.

Nice quick write up Eric! Looking forward to what projects you have percolating in the dungeon!

Quijote said:
Nice shave. I can't wait to see what you are working on now.
DocHoliday0831 said:
Nice shave. I am super stoked about those brushes you made for me. That cashmere knot was an excellent call. It could easily become my favorite brush in the den.
clyde72 said:
Nice shave Eric!

Ohhhh inquiring minds want to know!
cmh737 said:
Good reads, Eric.

More dungeon work.....intriguing.
Dagwoodz said:
Nice quick write up Eric! Looking forward to what projects you have percolating in the dungeon!
NurseDave said:

Thanks guys! The current project is for a friend, so if he likes and it posts pics you can see them then. There is potential

Straight razor shave #420

Brush: Stirling boar
Razor: ERN Ator
Soap: Lisa's Sample #2
Aftershave: SV Tundra Artica
EDP: Bvlgari Black Orient

Last shave with this sample, and the use of a traditional straight is required to give an accurate review. The Ator was called up, and it ended up being a good choice.

The soap ended up being similar to the last sample, but was a bit easier to lather. Not thirsty at all, it didn't take long to get a slick surface for the Ator to do it's thing. The Ator performed brilliantly, and three passes and some clean up gave me an HCBBSG. A few drops of Tundra left my skin feeling nice and smooth, and two Vassily's of Black Orient capped off a wonderful shave.

Off to The Dungeon to play around for the rest of the day. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Back