The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Great shave, Have fun playing with colors !
It was pretty fun, and educational. I only used a little bit of the resin to test a couple colors out with. No point in going big with it until the pressure pot gets here since the air bubbles make it unusable, and even the mid-range stuff I got wasn't cheap.
10:04 PM? Yeah...maybe a little late!
Just a bit lol
You guys are in bed by 2200? Dang might want to double up on the Geritol. :p
Staying up late reminds me too much of the days when I was drinking half my weight in whiskey every day lol. I'm better off as a morning person.
I’ll call you when I wake up ;)
Hard pass lol
It has probably been done before. Most things have. Check out Zak Higgins or Casey Martin on the Tube if you want to see some cool stuff cast in resin.
Dang...I don’t think I’ve ever had deliveries past 5...
I have, but never that late
Yeah but that's like 8 o'clock REAL time
Very true....

V is for Vetiver!

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: First Canadian Grand Valley Vetiver
Aftershave: Paladin balm
EDP: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Yet another soap that I haven't used in ages. Really great performance from First Canadian, and the vetiver scent in this soap is very earthy. A three pass BBS followed by some Grey Vetiver was a great way to start the day.

P1qzgK7l.jpg

Still no word from the folks I ordered my pressure pot from. They have a store about 20 minutes away, so if I don't hear from them by Saturday I might just cancel the online order and head over there to pick it up. I'll try to put together a couple of molds in the meantime so everything is ready to go.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Nice Shave Eric! Tom Ford Grey Vetiver seems to be a staple around here! Hope you get your stuff soon!

Nice Shave Eric! Tom Ford Grey Vetiver seems to be a staple around here! Hope you get your stuff soon!
Thanks Don! I dig this frag for sure.
So patient! I’d have probably just gone to the store already lol.
I’m still waiting on a couple other things that I could only find online, so I can’t really get going until they’re here anyway. I’m definitely not patient, and have probably worn a trail into the front porch from pacing while waiting for deliveries.

Thanks Don! I dig this frag for sure.

I’m still waiting on a couple other things that I could only find online, so I can’t really get going until they’re here anyway. I’m definitely not patient, and have probably worn a trail into the front porch from pacing while waiting for deliveries.
I ain't patient either and I'm getting a run around from Amazon about when my Coffee Grinder will ship, ordered a week ago. They got more interested to track down the problem after I said cancel it...........we'll see what happens.....

Amazon is super slow now depending on what the item is. Fastest I get things is maybe 4 days. Some stuff is over a month out because of you know....reasons.

Amazon is super slow now depending on what the item is. Fastest I get things is maybe 4 days. Some stuff is over a month out because of you know....reasons.
They called my bluff and said if you can get it local, do you want to cancel the order. I said YES, cancel it. Not locally, but others are still actually shipping what they have. Hold please while I escalate this for you. Now they say it should be here Saturday if I'll wait. I said I'll wait till Thursday or the latest Friday to see tracking and if not then I'll cancel it myself. Could have had off ebay by now......... I just hate being lied to......

Last edited:

I've still gotten a couple things within the 2 day mark, and my bowl gouge actually showed up next day, which amazed me.
They called my bluff and said if you can get it local, do you want to cancel the order. I said YES, cancel it. Not locally, but others are still actually shipping what they have. Hold please while I escalate this for you. Now they say it should be here Saturday if I'll wait. I said I'll wait till Thursday or the latest Friday to see tracking and if not then I'll cancel it myself. Could have had off ebay by now......... I just hate being lied to......
Yeah, that is frustrating.

W is for Wild West

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Wild West Shaving Private Reserve #1
Aftershave: Paladin balm
EDP: Dunhull Century

Rock solid three pass BBS for a great start to the morning. Finished it off with a few sprays of Century and everything is good.

Dunhill Century was a bit of an acquired taste though I love it now. It was created by the same perfumer who made Dunhill Icon, which is just an amazing frag. A lot of people have said that the two are similar, but either my nose is way off or theirs is. I get a barely-there fleeting similarity in the opening, and even that might just be a psychological response to knowing that the same guy created both. Century is pretty unique in my experience, and doesn't smell like any other frag I can think of. Definitely unisex, great bottle design, decent longevity and projection. I dig it.

ONpjKo7l.jpg

I should be getting a nice Mail Call today. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

I do have a tracking of it in Wisconsin now and due here Saturday
That's good to hear. Got this when I checked the tracking of a package a little while ago:

Annotation 2020-04-23 120157.png

I'm going to email the seller to double check, but the address on the email they sent immediately after the purchase was correct. Considering the problems I've had with usps lately, I think the issue is likely on their end.

Good stuff Eric! Hope they can track down that package for ya!
Thanks Chris! I contacted the vendor. They sent a pic of the package, and the address is correct. They were extremely accommodating, and will send a new package out if USPS loses this one.

Nice entry Eric and really nice SOTD pic! If it is a nice mail call today maybe there should be an unboxing video... :unsure:

I hadn't heard of Highland Park until a couple of months ago. One of my guys told me about their annual arson week. Wild stuff. Anyway. Tell them bastards to hurry it up!

I hadn't heard of Highland Park until a couple of months ago. One of my guys told me about their annual arson week. Wild stuff. Anyway. Tell them bastards to hurry it up!
Lol no joy on that count. I've had too many problems with usps the last few weeks.

Back