The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

I really enjoy the Stirling Christmas Eve scent. I'm going to have to get a full tub and aftershave once fall arrives. Nice post Eric and I am excited to see how your experiments turn out!

I really enjoy the Stirling Christmas Eve scent. I'm going to have to get a full tub and aftershave once fall arrives. Nice post Eric and I am excited to see how your experiments turn out!
Thanks Pat! Christmas Eve is probably my 2nd favorite Stirling scent. It's hard to top Iced Pineapple.

R is for Rose

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Stone Cottage Shaving Rose
Aftershave: Paladin balm
EDP: Banana Republic Oud Mosaic

This ABC shave month is really giving me a chance to break out soaps that I haven't used in ages. Stone Cottage Rose is just a straight up rose scented soap with really good performance. Three easy passes with the 6c left me with a great BBS, and a couple pumps of the Paladin balm brought the post shave up to amazing. A few sprays of Oud Mosaic and I was smelling just classy enough to go laze around the house. I was initially reluctant to pick up this frag just because it is Banana Republic, but they did a crazy good job on their Icon line, and this is the best I've smelled from that so far. They took the standard rose/oud/saffron combo and brought it to the next level with plum and spice notes. It's a surprisingly well blended frag, though the longevity is somewhat average.

SskJQLgl.jpg

The random number generator is ready to go, and the winners of the PIF will be chosen shortly. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

S is for Stirling

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Aftershave: Stirling Hipster
EDT: Dior Eau Sauvage

I passed by the S soap I was going to use today in order to get a first shave with Hipster. A really nice, fairly mild, scent. I liked it, and since it gave the usual Stirling performance an easy three pass BBS was achieved. A hefty glug of AS followed by a few sprays of Eau Sauvage was the perfect way to cap off a lovely shave.

iPFvZHol.jpg

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

T is for Tangerine!

Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: THB Tangerine Creeper
Aftershave: THB Tangerine Creeper
EDP: Terre D'Hermes

Great three pass BBS this morning. The Creeper did it's job, and my face felt nice and cold for a good half hour after the shave. A few sprays of Terre D'Hermes followed it up perfectly, and it has been a good day!

r4RPWxIl.jpg

The epoxy resin came in today, though it'll still be a while before the paint pot that I'm converting gets here. If it takes too much longer before I get a shipping notification I'll probably just cancel the order and make the drive to get one from the brick and mortar.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

U is for Unscented!

Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Mystic Waters Unscented
Aftershave: Paladain Unscented balm
EDP: Houbigant Fougere Royale

Great shave with MW today. I only have a few of her scents, and don't use them nearly often enough. Three passes netted me a fantastic BBS and a couple pumps of the Paladin balm upped the game even more. A few sprays of Fougere Royale brought me the rest of the way into my happy place, and now I'm ready to go play with colors.

kxzy9qMl.jpg

Well, here is something new. I wonder why there might have been a problem with a delivery attempt at that time.

zoyU5X5l.jpg

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Back