The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

M is for Musgo!

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: Musgo Real
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic
EDT: Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo Forte

I was able to finish my 1st Anniversary brush yesterday and got the knot glued in right before I headed to bed, which made it the obvious choice for this morning's shave. I break out the Musgo Real soap every now and then and always wonder why I don't use it more. It's the everlasting gobstopper of soaps, and looks like I haven't used any despite having used it for a dozen or so shaves.

Three passes left me with a stellar BBS, though I did manage to nick my left jawline. It closed up with the cold water rinse, and a hefty glug of Pitralon topped it all of nicely. All of the software for this shave has an old school masculine vibe, and they work well together though they don't match perfectly. The bottle of Tuscany Forte is probably my oldest bottle of cologne, having gotten it close to 20 years ago iirc. It's been discontinued for a while so it doesn't get much use, but I really like it. I dug it out of the box o' frags yesterday, and realized that when I packed that box I must have been in a hurry. There are a few bottles that were peppered with cologne and glass fragments from the night of the drive by. Fortunately this one cleaned up easily and there was no pitting on the bottle like there was with a couple others.

QR8EmUGl.jpg

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

You finished the Brush! Good for you man! I now wish I would have gotten the cashmere! It's a great looking brush!

Looks awesome Eric
Thanks Dave. It really is about time I got that brush done lol
Certainly a manly shave, Eric. Love your gear. (y)
Thanks Bruce. I dig those old school scents. Brut, Clubman, Musgo..all of them are classics for a reason.
You finished the Brush! Good for you man! I now wish I would have gotten the cashmere! It's a great looking brush!
Thanks Don! I thought about putting the timberwolf in it, but ended up putting that one into a PIF brush.

N is for Neroli!

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: WSP Formula T Neroli
Aftershave: Paladin balm
EDT: Bulgari Aqua Amara

I am definitely liking my new brush. Too bad the idiot that made it took so long, but...delayed gratification ftw? 🤪

Broke out another soap that has barely seen any use. WSP's Neroli is a really great scent, and their Formula T has been in my top 5 soap formulas since it came out. Everything came together beautifully for today's shave, and the result was a fantastic three pass BBS. A shot of Paladin balm followed by a few sprays of Aqua Amara and I was in my happy place. Aqua Amara translates to "Bitter Water", and this Neroli forward frag does have a certain amount of bitterness to it, which is not at all off-putting for me. It is my favorite out of Bulgari's Aqua line, though I believe it is now discontinued.

UKRXeJOl.jpg

Not much going on right now, so I pretty much spent the day just relaxing. A friend got me interested in trying to put together a Gundam kit. I ordered one a couple weeks ago and it came in the mail last week, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. That was one anime that I never really got into, though I have watched a few episodes on Hulu lately. I'm more of a sucker for a good underdog story, so One Piece and Kenichi are usually more appealing. Of course I'm a few hundred episodes behind one One Piece. Might need to get back on that train while I've got the time lol.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Nice setup! That Formula T is great stuff.
Thanks Tim! I might have more tins of WSP Formula T than any other soap.
Nice post Eric! It has been years since I have watched any anime. Crazy how fast time flies by.
I hear that lol.

Have you watched One Punch Man? that one is just plain funny
I have, and I loved it. I know several people who hated the premise of that show, but I get a kick out of it.
Nice stuff Eric and hope you camp out there for awhile 😎
Thanks Dave! As things stand, it’s looking like I’ll be here for a bit lol.

Had to go through the stash to get the next three letters for the April shave theme. Q was a toughie.

Thanks Tim! I might have more tins of WSP Formula T than any other soap.

I hear that lol.

I have, and I loved it. I know several people who hated the premise of that show, but I get a kick out of it.

Thanks Dave! As things stand, it’s looking like I’ll be here for a bit lol.

Had to go through the stash to get the next three letters for the April shave theme. Q was a toughie.
I meant in your happy place if that wasn't clear 😉

Back