The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Stellar shave,work progress and grail burgers FTW
Thanks Dave! It was a good day.
Strong culinary work there.
Thanks Tim! They were stuffed with bacon, sautéed onions and garlic, and smoked Gouda. Definitely going to use that combo again.
Nice day Eric! The warm spices soap sounds delicious!
Thanks Chris! It smelled great, and actually lingered a bit under the EDP. It’s too bad the matching aftershave was already sold out when I ordered the soap.

F is for Ferox!

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Barrister & Mann Ferox
Aftershave: Paladin unscented balm

I went with B&M Ferox for today’s shave. This lovely puck of unobtanium was given to me a while back, and it doesn’t get used a ton since once it’s gone, it’s gone forever. The scent is an amazing herbaceous citrus, and I love it.

Two easy passes with the 6c left me with a DFS+, though I did take a bit of my chin off on the second pass lol. The tip of my chin has always one of the toughest places to get close without incident and I must have gotten a little overconfident. A short time with the styptic and it was closed up, but I may hold off on shaving until it heals properly.

Walking has become the favored pastime around here lately, and I must have passed about 10 families who all had the same idea while taking mine today. All things considered it was a nice, laid back day. Thanks for reading and have a great evening!

@Smattayu would like to know your burger stuffing technique to ensure the goods stay inside, but you're able to cook it all the way through.

IKR? Man those burgers sound good.
I’ve only tried to make stuffed burgers once before, and they didn’t come out nearly as well as these
@Smattayu would like to know your burger stuffing technique to ensure the goods stay inside, but you're able to cook it all the way through.

I formfairly thin patties, about 1/4 lb each. The cheese was in a small round which was just the right diameter, so I put a slice on top of a patty, which left about half an inch of burger around the edges. The sautéed onions and garlic were already mixed with the bacon, and I put about 1 tbsp, maybe a bit more on top of the cheese. Then I covered that patty with another one, molded the edges together, and flattened it out a bit more while continuing to press down the edges. You end up with a 1/2lb+ burger, but I’ve never been a fan of burgers that are the same size as the bun or smaller. Preheat the grill to med/high and cook them 3-4 minutes per side.

The result:

2CFF66B4-C0FE-4D71-9882-E345857B66C8.jpeg

ED3C9E97-E4A4-48AC-BA4B-6A35A573CEA1.jpeg

Sounds like a good shave minus the chin. I cut something off my chin tonight also and it would not stop bleeding until I got the alum.

Always wanted one of these but never got it
I would absolutely get one of those if they really work.
Sounds like a good shave minus the chin. I cut something off my chin tonight also and it would not stop bleeding until I got the alum.
These things happen sometimes. The occasional bite helps you appreciate the smooth shaves even more lol.
That's a good looking burger. Makes my mouth water, lol.
I wish I could make those every night lol.

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Meissner Tremonia Indian Flavour
Aftershave: Paladin unscented balm
EDP: Azzaro Pour Homme Intense

Grabbed Indian Flavour for today’s “I” soap. It’s been a long time since I used this soap, and I’m not sure why. Coriander, lemongrass, and mint is an odd scent combo, but I like it. It’s a good performer as well

A very nice three pass BBS today. I’m going to have to start breaking out the frags soon. It took all of my Tetris skills to fit them all in a couple of boxes, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get them back in correctly if I mess with that, but I can only go with the same three frags for so long lol.

8444C3D9-6238-4784-944E-14EAF747954F.jpeg

I posted in my Hobbyist thread yesterday evening that the wood shop is back up and running, though temporarily. I’ve been working out the kinks that a long stretch without access to a lathe has put in my technique. Keep an eye on the PIF forum over the next couple of days, because I’m opening things back up with a giveaway.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Looking forward to you getting some relaxing lathe time,................and some frag variety 👍

Thanks Dave! I’ve been using Azzaro Pour Homme Intense almost exclusively for a while, and it’s time to change things up a bit. It is a great frag, don’t get me wrong. It has the original Azarro PH DNA, but it’s not as in-your-face. Lighter and sweeter, with a really nice cinnamon note. Big compliment getter as well, but using it every day for as long as I have been is making me itch for some variety lol.

Shannon's Soaps has a lavender lemongrass that is excellent. Lemon-dominant.
That sounds right up my alley. I love lavender, and not a lot of folks use lemongrass notes in their shave soaps.

My BIL has been playing Volbeat, Breakin Benjamin, and other bands in that style for my nephew, Seve, since he was born. Seve has been breaking free from those influences lately. Yesterday he was playing Ozzie, The Cure, and Duran Duran. Today?

Back