The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Very nice shave Sir...and VERY NICE brush handle blanks!!!!
Thanks @Somnos! I can’t wait until I can do something with them.
Mmm corned beef hash...food of the gods...

Allow me to demonstrate a possible solution!
View attachment 19861
You know, that is crazy enough that it just might work....
Man we had corned beef and cabbage last week ... good stuff.
I’m happy with how it came out, but still made some notes on how to make it better next time. The highlight really was the corned beef hash. Threw a couple of lightly fried eggs on top, and had an excellent breakfast.

Bummer about the job situation, Eric. Plenty of that going around the country now, unfortunately. I'm extremely anxious about mine - the situation is dire, as I'm sure you've heard in the news. At least I'm still healthy......thus far. And on an unrelated note, fast approaching a "7 year mark," but I won't lie, these stressful times are certainly testing me.

There are a lot of people who are stressed about their jobs right now. It seems odd though that you can't collect "some-kind" of unemployment. Especially with the new CARES Act. I would check periodically with the new updates as during this weird time we are in, the unemployment benefits are greatly enhanced. Keep your head up...you are definitely in a better place than you were in Flint.

And yes..your nephew brought a smile to my face when I watched the video. :)

I haven’t had corned beef hash in forever. I’m jealous :cool:
Even if I didn’t like corned beef and cabbage, I would make just for the chance to make hash from the leftovers lol.
Bummer about the job situation, Eric. Plenty of that going around the country now, unfortunately. I'm extremely anxious about mine - the situation is dire, as I'm sure you've heard in the news. At least I'm still healthy......thus far. And on an unrelated note, fast approaching a "7 year mark," but I won't lie, these stressful times are certainly testing me.
Thanks Chris. I was thinking about my upcoming 6 year anniversary the other day, and spent some time just being grateful for how far I’ve come in that time. Keeping you in prayer, my friend
There are a lot of people who are stressed about their jobs right now. It seems odd though that you can't collect "some-kind" of unemployment. Especially with the new CARES Act. I would check periodically with the new updates as during this weird time we are in, the unemployment benefits are greatly enhanced. Keep your head up...you are definitely in a better place than you were in Flint.

And yes..your nephew brought a smile to my face when I watched the video. :)

Thanks Don! I’m looking into getting some form of unemployment, but either way I’m not as stressed as I would have been if this had happened earlier in my life. I’m also able to stay pretty busy, which makes a huge difference.
It isn’t quite as funny when Seve is doing that exact same thing in his room at 2am, but he still has a way of lifting my spirits.

I have actually been participating in the monthly shave theme the last couple of days, but have neglected in posting about them, so here goes. Starting with Thursday's shave:

B is for Bay Rum!

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Master Barber Beta Bay Rum
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum

It's been a while since I checked Chris's site, but if he has started producing the Master Barber line I'll be picking some up. It might be my favorite formulation of CBL soaps.
The Wizamet was about done. Three passes netted me a nice DFS, and a hefty splash of the Bootlegger's put me in a great mood.

And yesterday's shave:

C is for California Sunrise!

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: CBL Tonsorial California Sunrise
Aftershave: Paladin unscented balm
EDP: Amouage Sunshine Man

I was extra gratified in my letter "C" choice when I saw that @Dave in KY had used the same soap. California Sunrise is based on Amouage Sunshine Man, which is such a fantastic frag that I had to immediately blind buy a tub of the soap when I heard that Chris had made some in that scent.
The ProGuards have always done right by me, and this was no exception. Three passes for a lovely BBS followed by a shot of the Paladin Balm with a spray of Sunshine Man mixed in. A couple more sprays of the frag and I was practically skipping out the door.

No shave today....yet. I have to look through my box of soaps to see if there are any D's in it lol.

I'm still doing some work around the house for my sister. It has a mostly finished basement, but whoever did the work decided to cover the walls with t1-11 and leave it unfinished, which is not the best look IMO. It's a good sized basement, so it took 9 gallons of primer and I'm going to try to get a couple coats of paint on it over the next couple of days.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

D is for Dublin Tweed!

Soap: Chambers Dublin Tweed
Aftershave: Paladin balm

This soap was made by WSP in their tallow base, and it is great stuff. Three pass BBS, with a bit of blood due to inattention in a trouble spot.

68336337-CA62-4FC4-AD02-E925CFAABE8D.jpeg

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Thanks for playing along in the theme shaves Eric! And staying busy does cure a lot of Ails!

E is for Embrace!

Soap: THB Secret Stash Embrace
Aftershave: Swiss Pitralon
EDP: Coach Platinum

I grabbed one of The Holy Black's limited offerings for today's shave. This one was a blind buy based on the notes listed, and I'm really glad I picked it up. Amber, vanilla, cocoa butter, coconut, and warm spices are just some of the notes, and it is a definite winner. I was still in pretty good shape from yesterday's evening shave, so two passes(XTG and ATG) and a tiny bit of clean up was enough for a very nice BBS. A splash of Pitralon and a few sprays of Coach Platinum and I was ready to go and finish painting the basement.

nuhDlQfl.jpg

Fortunately the primer sealed the t1-11 up nicely, so it didn't take nearly as much time or paint to finish up. Then it was time to grill some stuffed burgers, which were so good that they may have been the crowning achievement of my life, and here we are. Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Back