The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

My only complaint is that it legitimately makes me hungry when I smell it. I may need to start keeping snacks in the bathroom...
I could see that.
Eric, that stinks. They're probably assuming it's closed or taking advantage to get thru the route quicker and blaming it on that.....
That's pretty much what I thought.
I recommend cookies
Don't know why your laughing. I have chocolate chip and pecans cookies on deck for tomorrow's shave. Maybe I'll video it as I'm reviewing a razor too :unsure:
That would make me make time to watch more TSC videos.
Well, I never mentioned it, but I don't. Of course, I don't like beer, so there you go. Plenty of other CBL flavors to enjoy. :)
tenor.gif

I don’t like beer either, but luckily I only smell oatmeal cookies.
Same here.

Straight razor shave #537

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender
Aftershave: Speick
EDT: Prada Luna Rossa Sport

The plan was to finish a couple of samples that I had been given, then try the two new soaps that should have been here by now, THEN start with the 3017 of the Dragonsbeard soap and AS. Sadly our usps driver doesn't know an open road from a closed one, so it hasn't worked out the way I'd hoped. I decided to give it one more day before scrapping the original plan and just hitting the long stretch of 3017, and the B&M Lavender was called up this morning. This is a good go-to soap for me, as I love the scent of lavender and it has great performance. I put the my last ProGuard in the SS and got to it.

Man, what a great shave this turned out to be! Three passes with very minor clean up left me with an amazing BBS. No blood and no burn from the AS. This is about as good as it gets. A few sprays from an old sample of Luna Rossa Sport and I was ready to go. This one is my least favorite of the Luna Rossa line. Nice lavender up top but it gets pretty generic during the dry down, and the longevity is pretty meh.

I'm hoping I hear from HR at the new job in the next day or two. I found out that there had been a delay with my current place of employment sending them my start date here, and I think that was the last thing they needed.

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Leave it to the HR department to screw things up 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sometimes, but not always thank God lol.
Ordered. Bang!

Phew, been a crazy few days. First off, we are still not getting our mail. I went to the post office on Monday on the off chance that it would be there instead of on the truck with the lazy driver. It was, and I received the following

ybigXCjl.jpg

wZRrzvJl.jpg

And in even better news, HR called on Monday and I start my new job on March 10th. My last day at my current job is Saturday, and we told the residents this morning. I actually got a long standing ovation, and got pretty choked up. I am really going to miss this place and the people that I've grown to know and love over the last few years. I'll still be around when I can, but it won't be the same as seeing them every day. I move next Tuesday, and will be pretty busy packing up and getting things organized until then.

Thanks for reading and have a great evening!

Congrats, Eric! And nice score. I've had my eye on Zingari Man stuff for a few months.

BIG Congrats Eric !!!!
Congrats Eric!
Congrats on the new job! Happy for you!
Boom! There it is!
Congrats Eric!
Congrats, Eric! And nice score. I've had my eye on Zingari Man stuff for a few months.
Best of luck. At the new job.

Thanks guys!

The UHaul and storage unit are reserved and, as expected, I've barely been able to get any packing done lol. I've got breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next three days scheduled with people that I won't be seeing much once I move. Bring a natural introvert it still amazes me how many relationships I've built up here, and I'm going to miss a lot of folks like crazy.

In actual shaving journal news, I've used both Zingari Man The Explorer and the WCS duck fat Oriental shave soaps. I love the scent of both and both are excellent performers. Every razor except the Feather SS and Rockwell 6c are packed up, and every soap and aftershave except Dragonsbeard are packed as well. My first 3017 has begun.

I hope to be on more once things settle down a bit. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Thanks guys!

The UHaul and storage unit are reserved and, as expected, I've barely been able to get any packing done lol. I've got breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next three days scheduled with people that I won't be seeing much once I move. Bring a natural introvert it still amazes me how many relationships I've built up here, and I'm going to miss a lot of folks like crazy.

In actual shaving journal news, I've used both Zingari Man The Explorer and the WCS duck fat Oriental shave soaps. I love the scent of both and both are excellent performers. Every razor except the Feather SS and Rockwell 6c are packed up, and every soap and aftershave except Dragonsbeard are packed as well. My first 3017 has begun.

I hope to be on more once things settle down a bit. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Safe travels and move Eric

Back