The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Opiate Addiction to Opiate Use Disorder because of the stigma attached to the word addiction.
One audience this new label is aimed at is health care. Shamefully, many of us in the helping professions attach a stigma to addiction, or try to apply logic and reason to behaviors stemming from a compulsion. Sadly, it is a pervasive stigma among nurses and doctors.

Bummer. Can you salvage what’s left into a different container?
I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Fortunately it is inexpensive to replace.
One audience this new label is aimed at is health care. Shamefully, many of us in the helping professions attach a stigma to addiction, or try to apply logic and reason to behaviors stemming from a compulsion. Sadly, it is a pervasive stigma among nurses and doctors.
I can understand that. Logic and reason can be applied to addiction and it's effects, but from what I've seen it requires a pretty radical paradigm shift from what most people would consider a natural perspective.

I ordered a bottle of Azarro Pour Homme Intense about a week ago, and decided to take a look at the tracking to see when it would show up. This is the sight that greeted me.

IoAkhG1.jpg

XlPr96l.jpg

Apparently my package bypassed Michigan completely, got bounced around in the same general area for several days, and had a delivery attempt made a few states over from my actual location earlier this afternoon. I'm really glad I held off on purchasing that bottle of Green Irish Tweed.

That's ridiculous. I think I had one of my fire shirts so something similar. Just north of Dallas to Arkansas, then down to Houston; should've taken 3 days, not 10 or whatever it was. :ROFLMAO:

That things been scanned more than King Tuts mummy. Yikes.
lol I know. It’s crazy.
That's ridiculous. I think I had one of my fire shirts so something similar. Just north of Dallas to Arkansas, then down to Houston; should've taken 3 days, not 10 or whatever it was. :ROFLMAO:
I’ve had some odd package tracking before. I think one even came from Arkansas by way of Colorado, but this is the first time that a delivery attempt was made in another state lol. I’m going to have to call tomorrow to see if the problem lies with the vendor or USPS.

from what I've seen it requires a pretty radical paradigm shift from what most people would consider a natural perspective.
Eric, I agree completely. I was thinking of multiple conversations I've had with physicians who simply do not understand why some people "choose" to overuse alcohol or drugs. Some are simply baffled by the behavior of those with addictions. In fairness, many nurses do not get it either.
Apparently my package bypassed Michigan completely, got bounced around in the same general area for several days, and had a delivery attempt made a few states over from my actual location earlier this afternoon. I'm really glad I held off on purchasing that bottle of Green Irish Tweed.
Holy cow!

Dang! What a ride the last couple weeks have been for you. I am so glad you got your next big adventure lined up and locked into the navigation system!

Eric, I agree completely. I was thinking of multiple conversations I've had with physicians who simply do not understand why some people "choose" to overuse alcohol or drugs. Some are simply baffled by the behavior of those with addictions. In fairness, many nurses do not get it either.

Holy cow!
In a perfect world no one would need to understand it. I've lived it and it still confuses me sometimes.
Dang! What a ride the last couple weeks have been for you. I am so glad you got your next big adventure lined up and locked into the navigation system!
Thanks Rich! I'm excited about it, and hope the transition goes smoothly. I hope there is a transition for that matter lol. I've learned that nothing is done until it's actually done, and I'm on pins and needles until I get the final word from HR.

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Master Barber Beta Bay Rum
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum
EDT: Mille Centum Montecristo

Busy morning, so I grabbed the first soap I saw, which was a small tub that I had smooshed this CBL sample into. I really like this soap, and will very likely order at least once tub. A quick shower followed by a quick two pass DFS had me good to go. I had read about Mille Centum frags at the old place before it was in full production, and acquired samples of the original and it's two flankers, Blanc and Noir. Montecristo is a really nice scent, with a bright citrus opening and a woodsy base. It's going for a little more than I can bring myself to spend for a bottle, but I break out the samples now and then.

I used the last of the Strike Gold soaps the other day and sent them out yesterday. They are very good performers, and Rushmore will be a definite purchase for me. The scent is just outstanding.

The last couple of days at work have been crazy at a whole new level. The usual issues seemed to be cranked up to 11, and I'm training a couple of guys on the work I've been doing for the last couple of years. I'm hoping to hear from HR at the new place in the next day or two with the final word on my employment and when I'll be starting.

The package with my bottle of Azzaro PH Intense is still in Missouri lol. I buy most of my frags from two particular online discounters, and the customer service of this one has really impressed me. I called earlier today and told them what happened. Within two hours of my phone call I had received an email with a tracking number for a new bottle, sent Priority. Hopefully this one lands a little closer to the bulls-eye. :p

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

In a perfect world no one would need to understand it. I've lived it and it still confuses me sometimes.

Thanks Rich! I'm excited about it, and hope the transition goes smoothly. I hope there is a transition for that matter lol. I've learned that nothing is done until it's actually done, and I'm on pins and needles until I get the final word from HR.

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Master Barber Beta Bay Rum
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum
EDT: Mille Centum Montecristo

Busy morning, so I grabbed the first soap I saw, which was a small tub that I had smooshed this CBL sample into. I really like this soap, and will very likely order at least once tub. A quick shower followed by a quick two pass DFS had me good to go. I had read about Mille Centum frags at the old place before it was in full production, and acquired samples of the original and it's two flankers, Blanc and Noir. Montecristo is a really nice scent, with a bright citrus opening and a woodsy base. It's going for a little more than I can bring myself to spend for a bottle, but I break out the samples now and then.

I used the last of the Strike Gold soaps the other day and sent them out yesterday. They are very good performers, and Rushmore will be a definite purchase for me. The scent is just outstanding.

The last couple of days at work have been crazy at a whole new level. The usual issues seemed to be cranked up to 11, and I'm training a couple of guys on the work I've been doing for the last couple of years. I'm hoping to hear from HR at the new place in the next day or two with the final word on my employment and when I'll be starting.

The package with my bottle of Azzaro PH Intense is still in Missouri lol. I buy most of my frags from two particular online discounters, and the customer service of this one has really impressed me. I called earlier today and told them what happened. Within two hours of my phone call I had received an email with a tracking number for a new bottle, sent Priority. Hopefully this one lands a little closer to the bulls-eye. :p

Thanks for reading and have a great night!
I use Fragrancenet.com Do you mind telling us who you use ?

All caught up, Eric. I'm with ya, brother! Rock on! (y)
Thanks Chris!
Wowza! That’s quality service!
It is, especially for a company that deals in such large volume.
I use Fragrancenet.com Do you mind telling us who you use ?
That is one of the two that I prefer. The other is Perfume.com, which is where this order is from. I usually check both of them when I'm looking to purchase something specific to find the best price.

Straight razor shave # 536

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Proline
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Aftershave: Paladin unscented shave balm
EDT: L'Instant de Guerlain

@mrdoug was kind enough to send me a couple soap samples, including some Roasted Oatmeal Stout, which I've heard so much about but have never pulled the trigger on. That will need to be rectified after today. One sniff put this scent right up to my 2nd favorite from Chris's offerings. Everyone who has tried CBL soaps knows that they are top notch performers, and the lather smelled so delicious that I almost wanted to eat some. Three passes netted me a very nice DFS+, and a pump of the balm mixed with a spray of LIDG left me feeling and smelling fantastic. A few more sprays of LIDG and I was out the door with a smile.

The bottle of Azzaro PH Intense that was almost delivered to Missouri was in Flint today, along with the bottle that they sent me to make up for the first one being almost lost in the mail. Of course the construction crews were going, and there was enough heavy equipment on what is left of the road that it was another failed delivery lol. Hopefully it will actually get here tomorrow.

Thanks for reading and have a great night all!

I can’t remembering anyone not liking the smell of that soap.

No surprise there. I'm just bummed that I didn't pull the trigger on it a long time ago.

Ok, so two bottles of Azzaro PH Intense were to be delivered today after the failed delivery attempt yesterday. A package with two shave soaps from WCS was in the mix as well. I actually took a ride down the road this morning to make sure that it was open. I checked throughout the morning to make sure it stayed open, which it did.....and got another Failed delivery attempt, no access to location notification when I checked tracking at around Noon. This is the third or fourth time in the last couple of weeks that we've been accessible and haven't gotten mail, and it's getting a bit frustrating.

No shave today, just a few sprays of L'Occitane Eau de Baux. Love this juice! Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Back