The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

AWESOME about the position Eric !!!!! @Smattayu
Great news on the new position!
Congratulations Eric! Great news!
Congrats Eric!
Congrats on the job!
Congratulations on the new position! That is excellent news. (y)
Congratulations Eric! I can't think of a more deserving person!
Congrats on the job!
Thanks guys! The paperwork is filled out, drug test is taken, and hopefully the background check will go quickly. It’s been a long few days and I’m going to chill for the rest of the night. I’ll be back posting tomorrow. Have a great day all!

Good job on the new job, not only on winning the position but on having the strength to seek it in the first place. Takes a lot of personal strength to be willing to shake things up and being willing to seek change is a big move in an of itself.

I had a chance to give the Schick Proline a whirl recently and really liked it, enough I would definitely buy more. ...but I agree, the pro-guard are pretty great too. I think the only one that I didn't like much was the super pro, its not a bad blade but when installed in a folding razor the geometry changes enough to alter the whole experience. I don't think I really noticed a painful difference when I used it in the General but I imagine the Vector is a bit more precise and might not allow the slight difference in size anyway.

You've shaved with an axe, proline or pro-guard shouldn't matter much.

Congrats on the new job.
As far as the drug test..... You may need an ingredient list from @Dragonsbeard of what is in his splash.
Thanks John! I took a chance and got tested without getting the Dragonsbeard ingredient list.
Good job on the new job, not only on winning the position but on having the strength to seek it in the first place. Takes a lot of personal strength to be willing to shake things up and being willing to seek change is a big move in an of itself.

I had a chance to give the Schick Proline a whirl recently and really liked it, enough I would definitely buy more. ...but I agree, the pro-guard are pretty great too. I think the only one that I didn't like much was the super pro, its not a bad blade but when installed in a folding razor the geometry changes enough to alter the whole experience. I don't think I really noticed a painful difference when I used it in the General but I imagine the Vector is a bit more precise and might not allow the slight difference in size anyway.

You've shaved with an axe, proline or pro-guard shouldn't matter much.
Thanks Chris! I'm excited and nervous about the new job. The starting pay is very good and there is plenty of room for advancement. It is also something that I've enjoyed doing in the past.
As far as shaving with the axe goes goes, it was one time...and it was a very well honed axe.
The Poppy Seed Alibi no longer works; the tests have become very specific.
Lol I know. I have to administer 12 panel tests pretty often and did plenty of research on them.
:: goes back to snorting poppy seeds ::
giphy.gif

@Smattayu

I’d just like to say I’m sorry and thank you at the same time! Sorry because I’m new on TSC and don’t look around more in different sections and completely missed the excellent detailed reviews and great photos you took of the Dragonsbeard Shave Soap and Skin Food splash.
So I sincerely thank you for doing them!

I guess I need to start exploring the site a bit more!

An congrats on the new job!

Kind regards!

Frank

Super congrats on the new job, Eric! Same general location you're in now, or is a move forthcoming? BTW, I did a turn in FNT yesterday - kind of wintry. :cool:

@Smattayu

I’d just like to say I’m sorry and thank you at the same time! Sorry because I’m new on TSC and don’t look around more in different sections and completely missed the excellent detailed reviews and great photos you took of the Dragonsbeard Shave Soap and Skin Food splash.
So I sincerely thank you for doing them!

I guess I need to start exploring the site a bit more!

An congrats on the new job!

Kind regards!

Frank
Thanks Frank! I thought I added all the same pics and such on the Dragonsbeard pass around thread as well, but considering how scattered I've been lately I probably missed one or two lol.

Super congrats on the new job, Eric! Same general location you're in now, or is a move forthcoming? BTW, I did a turn in FNT yesterday - kind of wintry. :cool:
Thanks Chris! I'm actually moving to the area I used to live, about an hour and change from where I am now. It's looking like my last day here will be the 29th of this month, but they need to finish the background check first before they make it official. These folks are quick and thorough. It took less than a day before they called my current boss and gave him the third degree about me lol.

Flint is even more wintry right now, and we're supposed to go into single digits tonight and tomorrow. No complaints there as it's been a really mild winter for the most part.

Ok, so I got the box from the Strike Gold Shaving Pass Around the other day.

QiIIqIXl.jpg

My two favorite scents from initial sniffs were Rushmore and Old Hickory, and I have since shaved with each of those, though I will try the other three while I have them here.

Scent, Rushmore: I used both soaps before checking any description of scent notes, and Rushmore is my immediate favorite out of all of them. I get a fresh fruit blast of citrus and apple, with cinnamon and a little woodsiness(maybe some pine notes in there as well?) in the background. The pine scent came out more during the shave, and it smelled amazing the whole way through.
Old Hickory: This one was tougher to nail individual notes down. It strikes me as the most unisex out of all of them, and it has some really nice citrus and florals up front with some woodsiness at the base.

I used my Rockwell 6c with a Wizamet blade for both shaves, though I'll be testing the performance with the Feather SS and a traditional straight while it's here. This soap is really easy to lather, and seems to have a pretty wide water band. The lather was dense and yogurty, just the way I like it. It easily had enough slickness for a DE, and good residual slickness as well. The lather stayed stable for the length of the shave and then some, and the post shave feel was good. I used Pitralon Classic after both, and it went nicely with both soaps, though it was a better match with Rushmore. It will require more testing to discover whether I'll pull the trigger or not, though I'm tempted to get a tub of Rushmore just because I love the scent so much.

Back