The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Sorry for the late response, And congrats to you brother. With all the conversations we have had, I thank God he has watched over you and brought you into my life. it is a fantastic milestone. Prayers of continued success

Now on to the the SV, did I lie about Opuntia? Great Stuff Huh??

Nice photo as well

Catching up Eric!

1st of all
1f1e8.png
1f1f4.png
1f1f3.png
1f1ec.png
1f1f7.png
1f1e6.png
1f1f9.png
1f1fa.png
1f1f1.png
1f1e6.png
1f1f9.png
1f1ee.png
1f1f4.png
1f1f3.png
1f1f8.png
2757.png
on your sobriety!

Next no reason to not post such an important event anniversary in you life here! It's your journal so post away! IMHO!

Great shave, reads and pictures!

Catching up, Eric. “One day at a time”, my brother!!

And if I get another Flint layover, we’ll grab some coffee again.

Xenostr8shaver said:
Sorry for the late response, And congrats to you brother. With all the conversations we have had, I thank God he has watched over you and brought you into my life. it is a fantastic milestone. Prayers of continued success

Now on to the the SV, did I lie about Opuntia? Great Stuff Huh??

Nice photo as well
Many thanks Dave, and He has certainly watched over me. You did not lie lol. Opuntia is almost edible in it's awesomeness.

clyde72 said:
Catching up Eric!

1st of all
1f1e8.png
1f1f4.png
1f1f3.png
1f1ec.png
1f1f7.png
1f1e6.png
1f1f9.png
1f1fa.png
1f1f1.png
1f1e6.png
1f1f9.png
1f1ee.png
1f1f4.png
1f1f3.png
1f1f8.png
2757.png
on your sobriety!

Next no reason to not post such an important event anniversary in you life here! It's your journal so post away! IMHO!

Great shave, reads and pictures!
clyde72 said:
Oh I found a video of the limo:
Thanks Craig! I love that video lol.

cmh737 said:
Catching up, Eric. “One day at a time”, my brother!!

And if I get another Flint layover, we’ll grab some coffee again.

Thank you Chris. Anytime you're in the area let me know and we'll do a repeat.

I shaved with El Jefe yesterday. It's a pretty darn good shaver, and one that I'd probably buy. One more and it's on to the next recipient. Other than that, just keeping busy at work and in The Dungeon. It seems like I'm always behind on everyone elses journals, but I'll get all caught up and stay there eventually. Have a great evening all!

Rain definitely intrigues me I read up on it the other day. But after Chris H's experience with Sudsy I'm hesitant

Nice mail call Eric but I echo Chad's Sentiments, BTW I have some Cola and Cola Balm if anyone wants is. wont get any use anymore

better late than never but that is great news eric. its a great milestone and hopefully this little community helped u avoid the rabbit hole. ?

Cvargo said:
Rain definitely intrigues me I read up on it the other day. But after Chris H's experience with Sudsy I'm hesitant
Xenostr8shaver said:
Nice mail call Eric but I echo Chad's Sentiments, BTW I have some Cola and Cola Balm if anyone wants is. wont get any use anymore
I may have been out of the loop for that one. Could either of you post a link?

cmh737 said:
I haven’t heard of the Rain scent.
It's a nice scent, though a little on the mild side. I haven't lathered it yet, and don't know if it'll be stronger then.

DocHoliday0831 said:
I’ve only tried one of their scents and the performance was kinda lack luster in my water.
I've got a few soaps like that. Always bums me out a little when someone I know has a great experience with a soap but it just doesn't work well for me.

Sskim3 said:
better late than never but that is great news eric. its a great milestone and hopefully this little community helped u avoid the rabbit hole.
1f609.png

Thanks Tom!

Chris H (CMH737) is the one who brought it to light. I am sure he can add more of the details. But basically he received a soap something seemed off, like it was blended incorrectly, and just seemed lower quality. Upon reaching out to customer service they basically said they were aware that the product was lower quality and opted to sell it at standard price without disclosing. This is based off of my memory of what happened and I know I MISSED a lot of details. I am sure Chris can chime in and fill in the blanks.

That is disappointing. They have been one of my favorites, and have always had good customer service, but unsound business practices like that just don’t cut it.

Cvargo said:
Chris H (CMH737) is the one who brought it to light. I am sure he can add more of the details. But basically he received a soap something seemed off, like it was blended incorrectly, and just seemed lower quality. Upon reaching out to customer service they basically said they were aware that the product was lower quality and opted to sell it at standard price without disclosing. This is based off of my memory of what happened and I know I MISSED a lot of details. I am sure Chris can chime in and fill in the blanks.

I remember that now that Chad mentioned it. I also have been hesitant but only because the soaps just didn't hold up for me. the only other one to do that to me was St. Charles and that lather just kept disappearing on me.

Yep, Chad got the basics. I could post their actual responses to me, but I don't have the gumption to find 'em - LOL. But suffice to say, I won't miss Sudsy Soaps - I've got plenty other soaps to tide me over.......for a while - LOL.

DocHoliday0831 said:
I remember that now that Chad mentioned it. I also have been hesitant but only because the soaps just didn't hold up for me. the only other one to do that to me was St. Charles and that lather just kept disappearing on me.
cmh737 said:
Yep, Chad got the basics. I could post their actual responses to me, but I don't have the gumption to find 'em - LOL. But suffice to say, I won't miss Sudsy Soaps - I've got plenty other soaps to tide me over.......for a while - LOL.

True, plenty of other soaps out there. I still have to use the RazoRock What the Puck soaps, and the lime will be up soon.

Sorry I missed your anniversary post Eric, but a belated happy anniversary none the less. I am finding posting and staying caught up with the reading near impossible with my work scheduled, but I promise to stop in from time to time.

I find that the modern Feather bladed SE razors can result in lots of weepers if I am not careful. Especially if I have had a long run of nothing but traditional straight razor shaves.

Back