The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Strong work, Eric. That's a lot more positive than you alluded to, but I'm perfectly fine with that. :ROFLMAO:

Great report Eric! You sound very excited at this new prospect! Hope you get it!
Thanks Chris!
Sounds like an exciting career change. Hope it pans out for you.
Thanks Tim! Me too.
Great story, well done on the current position, and best wishes for the future!

Eric, typing with 1 finger on my phone.
Thanks Eric! It’s been a crazy ride lol.
Same here, Eric. Recovery is an exciting journey, is it not? Enjoy your shaves!
Thanks Bruce, it sure is! I’ve met some truly wonderful people in the last several years.
My father was and still is. I applaud you both gentleman 😎
Thanks Dave!
Sounds awesome Eric! Hope we hear an announcement soon!
Thanks Dave! Hopefully in a few days.
Strong work, Eric. That's a lot more positive than you alluded to, but I'm perfectly fine with that. :ROFLMAO:
Lol it is a step up in many ways, though I will still be involved in this ministry in one way or another going forward.

Awesome post and thank you for sharing! Best of luck on the next chapter!

I also wanted to ask are there any soaps that you could compare Insurgent's scent to? Also what was the lather like?

Awesome post and thank you for sharing! Best of luck on the next chapter!

I also wanted to ask are there any soaps that you could compare Insurgent's scent to? Also what was the lather like?
Thanks, and thanks for reading and posting. The scent of Insurgent is tough to nail down for me. I can’t think of any other soap that it smells like. Wood and leather, and there is a freshness to it that almost seems to contradict the rest of what I’m smelling. The lather is dense and creamy, more than slick enough for any type of razor, though not as much residual slickness as Chris’s Premium line imo. If you haven’t gotten a tub of CBL yet, pull the trigger and you won’t regret it. In terms of scent my personal favorite is California Sunrise, inspired by Amouage Sunshine Man. Anyone could find something they like in his selection

Thanks, and thanks for reading and posting. The scent of Insurgent is tough to nail down for me. I can’t think of any other soap that it smells like. Wood and leather, and there is a freshness to it that almost seems to contradict the rest of what I’m smelling. The lather is dense and creamy, more than slick enough for any type of razor, though not as much residual slickness as Chris’s Premium line imo. If you haven’t gotten a tub of CBL yet, pull the trigger and you won’t regret it. In terms of scent my personal favorite is California Sunrise, inspired by Amouage Sunshine Man. Anyone could find something they like in his selection

Thank you for that! So far I have been eyeing Insurgent, Norse Spice, and Iron Throne. I may have to pull the trigger on a couple on Friday.

Thank you for that! So far I have been eyeing Insurgent, Norse Spice, and Iron Throne. I may have to pull the trigger on a couple on Friday.

You can't go wrong with any of those. Iron Throne would be my favorite out of the three, followed by Norse Spice. The warm scent competing with the cooling agent in Iron Throne tickles me for some reason.

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Semogue 830
Cream: AoS Ocean Kelp
Aftershave lotion: AoS Ocean Kelp
EDT: Dior Sauvage

It's been quite a while since I broke out this cream. It was PIFed to me by @dkeester quite some time ago, and I often wonder why I don’t get more creams from AoS. The performance is outstanding.

The shave went pretty well with three passes and a bit of clean up leaving me with a BBS, though I ended up with some redness and irritation at the end. I’m not sure how many shaves I have on this Wizamet so that might be it. The helped immensely so all was right in the end.

I’ve had this sample of Sauvage sitting in my desk for ages and decided to break it out today. I understand what all the fuss is about, but I don’t know if it’s in my wheelhouse.

I have a few packages coming in the mail this week. Sadly the entire street is blocked off due to construction, with no word on how long it will take to open up again.

image.jpg
Now you might think that a mail truck could get through on the small dirt path that they left, but apparently it is for construction vehicles only. More news to come when I can track on if these gentlemen down to ask when the street will be back open.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Now you might think that a mail truck could get through on the small dirt path that they left, but apparently it is for construction vehicles only. More news to come when I can track on if these gentlemen down to ask when the street will be back open.
Seems like those little mail Jeeps should be able to fit on that walking path I see.

Just got caught up on the last few of your posts. I am so happy for you that you decided to take a plunge into something else. I know you had a really rewarding career, but it seems that you feel that it is time to move ahead. Saying a prayer for you and I hope for the best outcome possible!

Seems like those little mail Jeeps should be able to fit on that walking path I see.
Don’t them jeeps have 4x4?
Made by the lowest bidder!
🤣 🤣(y)
Just got caught up on the last few of your posts. I am so happy for you that you decided to take a plunge into something else. I know you had a really rewarding career, but it seems that you feel that it is time to move ahead. Saying a prayer for you and I hope for the best outcome possible!
Thanks Don! If I get the job I'll still make my way to the center to help as I'm able. I love the place and the people here.

No word from these guys on how long it will take for the road to be clear enough for the mail to come through so I've put all the mail on hold, which means that I won't be able to go pick it up until Friday. That means that the Vector that @Dave in KY is loaning me, some soap and AS that @bentheduck is sending, a couple of soap samples that @mrdoug is sending, and the Dragonbeard soap/AS from the pass around will be sitting in USPS limbo for a few days. On the plus side, Friday should feel a lot like Christmas with all the opening of awesome packages.

No word from these guys on how long it will take for the road to be clear enough for the mail to come through so I've put all the mail on hold, which means that I won't be able to go pick it up until Friday. That means that the Vector that @Dave in KY is loaning me, some soap and AS that @bentheduck is sending, a couple of soap samples that @mrdoug is sending, and the Dragonbeard soap/AS from the pass around will be sitting in USPS limbo for a few days. On the plus side, Friday should feel a lot like Christmas with all the opening of awesome packages.

Just another reason to love Fridays! I am looking forward to your review of Dragonsbeard soap and skin food. Awesome post today!

Christmas Friday for the win!
Or maybe earlier, as it turns out lol.
Just another reason to love Fridays! I am looking forward to your review of Dragonsbeard soap and skin food. Awesome post today!
Thanks Pat!

So the road is still blocked off, and there is still that dirt path in it's place, yet the mail arrived today. It included the soap samples from @mrdoug and the Dragonsbeard soap and AS from the pass around. I did not get a shave in this morning, so I'll either use the Dragonsbeard tomorrow or for a night shave after work tonight if I can't wait that long.

Back