The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Eric smellin sharp!
Thanks Chris!
Nice shave.

I love Gaelic Tweed AS! Have a full bottle on the shelf. Two splashes of that and I smell good all day.
I like WSP's aftershaves. They are all pretty long lasting.
Gaelic Tweed FTW!
I know that's right!
GIT and it’s many clones are in my top 3 for scents. Can’t go wrong with any of them!
Nice, what are the other two?

Straight razor shave #531

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Feather Pro(1)
Brush: TSC Legacy
Soap: CBL Iron Throne
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

EDT: Helan Vetiver & Rum

I got a package in the mail from CBL soaps yesterday. It had my two most recent purchases, Iron Throne and SIR Fougere. One sniff of Iron Throne and I was hooked, so it was chosen for today's shave. It was also time for one of the Feather Pro's to come out and play. I think someone sent me a couple of these a ways back, but I don't remember what I thought of them. They do have a reputation for keenness, and since I'm still working on getting my technique back I approached this shave with caution.

Iron Throne is a really great bay rum scent. It was very soft, but I left it open overnight and that firmed it up enough to make it safe to load from the tub. I took my time face lathering, and while it came out a little more airy than I'm used to it still had that incomparable CBL slickness. The cooling effect was just right for my tastes as well. The shave took a little longer than usual since I was being careful with this new blade, but it ended up being worth it. Three passes left me with a fantastic HCBBSG(that's Heel-Clicking Grail level BBS for those not familiar with my journal). No blood or irritation, and the Bootlegger's went on smooth.

It's been a while since I used Helan Vetiver & Rum. It was one of my earlier frag purchases, and is a really nice scent. There are some similarities to Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver, though it is a bit more soapy smelling, and the projection and longevity are above average. It is somewhat sweet and can be cloying in the hotter weather, but I took a chance with once spray today, and it has worked out nicely so far.

Today's SOTD shows the stars of the shave. @CBLSoap.com makes some of the best shaving soaps available, and this is one I'd recommend to anyone, especially bay rum lovers.
Yg3YMaB.jpg

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Popping in for an update. There is a new member in the Smattayu household. Everyone, meet Izzy.

m9f870zl.jpg

It is not yet determined whether she will be a safety cat, but she did keep my foot warm during this morning's shave.

3bY1oeel.jpg
I’ll take a fur lined foot warmer anyday! She’s a real cutie...must be part dog! No cat could look that cute!

I’ll take a fur lined foot warmer anyday! She’s a real cutie...must be part dog! No cat could look that cute!
Nice addition to the household!
Izzy looks like a safety cat to me!
Cat in bathroom whilst shaving equals safety cat! Great addition to the family.
You've got to give us the back story on Izzy when you get a chance. (y)

She is adorable, even with the razor sharp kitty claws and teeth. There isn't much of a back story. My sister got a couple kittens recently, shown below. The girl that she got them from was trying to find a good home for Izzy, and so my sister kept spamming me with kitty pictures until I was overcome by cuteness and took her in.

My sisters kittens, Garfield and Zorro:
t6n8gHXl.jpg

She is adorable, even with the razor sharp kitty claws and teeth. There isn't much of a back story. My sister got a couple kittens recently, shown below. The girl that she got them from was trying to find a good home for Izzy, and so my sister kept spamming me with kitty pictures until I was overcome by cuteness and took her in.

My sisters kittens, Garfield and Zorro:
t6n8gHXl.jpg
LOOK AT THOSE PRECIOUS BABIES, Y'ALL!

Back