The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Noooooooooooo ... not No-shave November
1f601.png
I'm going for Mowvember.!

Lol it’s a yearly tradition by now. My first No-shave November resulted in the hatchet shave, and it seems right to keep going with it.

Well damn...I need to rethink my stunt shaves...I don’t think I could ever top that!

How about I just post the original hatchet shave and save myself a potentially major Murphy visit? lol

BOOM!!!

ERIC IS A LEGEND!!!

This video will go down in shaving lore as quite possibly the most dangerous shave ever!

I don’t think I could ever top that!

There's one shave that could top that. And I've seen it done before, of sorts. We have one TSC member who has the means of pulling it off: Blade-meister!

Thanks Chris!

This will be a month of non-shaves....There will be a freeze on shaving related purchases....but I did sneak a small order in before making that decision. A sample of B&M Hallows....

I had a tub of the Hallows a few years ago. It smells great, I'll admit, but isn't the end-all-be-all. As a matter of fact, I've gotten to the point where there is no shaving product that I'm willing to set an alarm for to hopefully be able to purchase before/during the frenzy. I've got to applaud the business model for creating the drama (i.e. The Holy Black), but there's way too many products that are readily available for me to where I don't sweat that stuff. Just my old man 2 cents.

There's one shave that could top that. And I've seen it done before, of sorts. We have one TSC member who has the means of pulling it off: Blade-meister!

If someone were to provide said implement i would seriously consider said shave!

Whoop, there it is !! Been a long time since I've seen it and glad it's here now. A classic !!

It's that time of year. I figure if I just repost it every November people won't ask me to try it again lol.

Thanks for posting Eric! I never saw it the first time around.
No problem, KJ.
Well damn...I need to rethink my stunt shaves...I don’t think I could ever top that!
You probably could. Just make sure to have your own Safety Nigel waiting with a finger on the emergency button lol.
BOOM!!!

ERIC IS A LEGEND!!!

This video will go down in shaving lore as quite possibly the most dangerous shave ever!

I think someone actually beat me to it. You can find some really crazy stuff on YouTube lol.
I had a tub of the Hallows a few years ago. It smells great, I'll admit, but isn't the end-all-be-all. As a matter of fact, I've gotten to the point where there is no shaving product that I'm willing to set an alarm for to hopefully be able to purchase before/during the frenzy. I've got to applaud the business model for creating the drama (i.e. The Holy Black), but there's way too many products that are readily available for me to where I don't sweat that stuff. Just my old man 2 cents.
I can't argue with that, and passed on both Hallows and THB Jekyll & Hyde for that reason. I did want a chance to see how Hallows smelled before it was gone forever, and it does smell really good.

If someone were to provide said implement i would seriously consider said shave!
Careful TJ. Saying things like that is how crazy shave videos are created lol.

Between work and The Dungeon I haven't had a lot of spare time since I got back from vacation, but things are going well. I had a chance to try the Siliski soap I ordered last week, and it's good stuff. The scent is a little light for my preference but the performance was very good. No reviews on it until I can use it for a full shave though, and that won't be for a few weeks.

Back