The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Oddly enough...I don't have a single Neroli scent! This is something I need to rectify!

Great shave Eric
Thanks Dave!
That neroli set up looks awesome!

And nice mail call.
Thanks Chris! It amazes me how preferences can change. I thought the WSP Neroli was a little too floral when I first got it, but I'm loving it now. And the Aqua Amara pairs very nicely with it.

Rock neRolli?

Okay...so I do have the TSC Soap...but I'm not sure I would call that a Neroli forward soap. I so like it though!

That's another one of the many soaps I need to get. It's on the very top of the list at this point.

Mail Call!

Dunhill Icon, Robert Graham Valour, and Monte Blanc Individuel. The only one I hadn't had a chance to smell was Icon, and all three are excellent.

Mail Call!
Dunhill Icon, Robert Graham Valour, and Monte Blanc Individuel. The only one I hadn't had a chance to smell was Icon, and all three are excellent.
Nice! Found a sale or just because?

SOTD 10/23/2018

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Stirling boar
Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP(3)
Soap: SV Manna di Sicilia
Aftershave: SV Manna di Sicilia
EDC: Robert Graham Valour

Today's shave was pretty good. I used the #5 base plate on the 6s today, and it was a little uncomfortable. It looks like the #4 is right in my sweet spot, though I'll be backtracking and using #1 and #2 before I send it back. Many thanks again to NurseDave for the loan. Any SV soap is great, though the 4.3 formulation is a cut above the rest, and I enjoyed the scent of MdS enough to PIF the puck I had of the original formulation in favor of buying it in the 4.3 a while back. I overloaded a little(I always seem to forget how much soap a brush will pick up off of a bloomed puck of SV), and spent plenty of time and water getting the lather just right. Three passes left me with a DFS+, though there was some irritation on my jawline and a couple small nicks on my upper lip and chin. They closed with final rinse, and a few drops of the aftershave toned things right up.

Today's frag is a new purchase, and paired well with MdS. There are three notes in it; sage, coffee, and amber. I loved the scent right off the bat. Simple and well blended, it evolved more than I expected, though the longevity is moderate at best. After an hour or two I was catching whiffs of it, and it smelled familiar but I couldn't place it. Then it hit me...call me crazy, but this juice reminds me a lot of i coloniali shaving soap once it dries down and stops evolving. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I can't get the comparison out of my head. Whether my nose is playing tricks on me or not, it's a very pleasing frag that will get plenty of use.

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Great photo and SV shave Eric!

The Brush Master chose the Stirling today hm? Interesting... ?

Great photo, Eric! And interesting frag. I'm curious as to what you think of the Dunhill Icon.

Great photo and SV shave Eric!

The Brush Master chose the Stirling today hm? Interesting...
1f604.png
Thanks Chris! What can I say? Stirling makes good brushes, and for the price of that boar I'd have been crazy to pass it up lol.

Stirling Boar and SV soap! Brush master wins this time! He did make 3 of my 5 favorite brushes!

Thanks TJ!

Nice shave and pic!
Thanks Tim!

Love the Pic!
Thanks Don! I've been playing around with a few different photo editors.

Good stuff as always Eric.
Thanks Chad!

Great photo, Eric! And interesting frag. I'm curious as to what you think of the Dunhill Icon.
Thanks Chris, I really like Valour. I used Icon today, and love it!

SOTD 10/25/2018

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: TSC Legacy
Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP(4)
Soap: Barrister & Mann Barrister Reserve Lavender
Aftershave: Paladin balm
EDP: Dunhill Icon

Easy shave today. I used the #1 base plate on the Rockwell, and if there is such a thing as too mild, this was it lol. Three passes and some clean up gave me a very nice DFS+, though that was about the best I could get without going too much on the pressure. It is probably possible to get irritation or nicks with this plate, but I think you'd have to work for it. The B&M Lavender performed brilliantly, as always, and a bit of the Dunhill Icon sprizted over the Paladin balm added to the already excellent post-shave feel of the soap.

Icon is a very recent purchase, and I could see it being a daily driver(if I didn't have so many other bottles of juice). As soon as I sprayed it on, I smelled what Chris talks about when he refers to the grape soda scent. If he hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have caught it though, as it's a combination of a couple notes that I smelled more individually. There is a lot going on in this juice, yet it is very nicely blended. I'm not sure about longevity , as it's only been on for about 4 hours, but I'm definitely a fan of the scent. It strikes me as very versatile, and could work in any weather and with just about any outfit.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Back