The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Now you're just showing off. I wish the Rockwell was that shiny. I saw 1 that someone used a dremel t polish and it came out like that. Nice pic and shave !!

And tomorrow, Eric tries to break the Rockwell...50 passes with plate 1!
That would definitely test my theory on whether it's possible to get irritation with that plate...

Now you're just showing off. I wish the Rockwell was that shiny. I saw 1 that someone used a dremel t polish and it came out like that. Nice pic and shave !!

I do have a bench buffer in The Dungeon. If I owned a 6s, I could see spending some time on the wheels. It would probably look pretty sweet with a nice mirror finish, though I like the way it looks now. It matches the bottle of Dunhill Icon lol.

I think plate 1 you can safely use after a sun burn.

Straight razor shave #527, the early birthday shave

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: TSC Legacy
Razor: The Rev
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: SV Opuntia
Aftershave: SV Opuntia
EDP: Al Haramain L'Aventure

A much needed vacation kicked off this afternoon. With limited space available for shaving gear in the luggage, I decided to go with my birthday set up a day early. SV Opuntia was chosen as the soap because...well, duh. I mixed things up a little bit and pulled out The Rev for the first time in quite a while. A pack of unopened Polsilvers was sitting next to it so I grabbed one of those, because using this razor clearly wasn't adventurous enough unless an unknown element was added to the mix. I called an audible after the pic was taken, and used the TSC Legacy instead of the Maggard 2-band.

I always use the bloom water on my face before applying the hot towel, and it continually surprises me how a 3 second load of the brush on a puck of bloomed SV will give me enough lather for 5 or 6 passes once it's been properly hydrated. A nice coating of shiny lather provided an excellent surface for The Rev to do it's work, and three passes and some clean up left me with a BBS, though there was a bit of irritation and a nick on the bit of scar tissue on my left jawline. This is a razor that requires more concentration than usual, and the new and unfamiliar blade added to that. I actually had to pull out the styptic for the nick, but it closed easily enough, and a few drops of the aftershave soothed the irritation right away.

L'Aventure is another of the Aventus clones, and this is probably my favorite so far. It has the most projection and longevity out of any I've used so far, and I really enjoy it. Three Vassily's was enough to bomb my immediate area for the first hour or so, and it's still going strong.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Excellent shave Shawn. Early happy birthday and have a great vacation!

Cool to see someone use the HB shavette and that it works!

Excellent shave Eric...and Happy Birthday! Make sure you do some relaxing on that vacation you are on. You deserve it!

Excellent shave Shawn. Early happy birthday and have a great vacation!

Cool to see someone use the HB shavette and that it works!
Excellent shave Eric...and Happy Birthday! Make sure you do some relaxing on that vacation you are on. You deserve it!
Happy Birthday brush boy!
Happy Birthday! Hope you have some relaxation planned!

Thanks guys!

The relaxation has begun. This was my view this morning.

One of the last shaves before November this morning. Laid back three pass BBS.

Very nice! Very nice indeed!!

Thanks Chris!

This will be a month of non-shaves, as I'll just be lining up the beard that I'm growing for No-shave November. There will be a freeze on shaving related purchases, as I'm saving for a couple items for The Dungeon, but I did sneak a small order in before making that decision. A sample of B&M Hallows, a tub of Siliski shaving soap, and some beard oil. From what I've read about Hallows, I'm probably just torturing myself with this small supply that will be gone all too soon, but I wanted to give it a sniff before it's gone forever. I've read a lot of good things about Siliski, and am looking forward to trying it. The package should be waiting for me when I get back from vacation.

Noooooooooooo ... not No-shave November
1f601.png
I'm going for Mowvember.!

Back