The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Send it to TJ!

Again i am not shaving with a stinking hatchet!!!!!!!!! The guy that did that must have at least one screw loose. Come to think of it every master artist/musician/intellect has been a bit off throughout history could that be why that guy's brushes are so masterful?

Again i am not shaving with a stinking hatchet!!!!!!!!! The guy that did that must have at least one screw loose. Come to think of it every master artist/musician/intellect has been a bit off throughout history could that be why that guy's brushes are so masterful?

I'd shave with the hatched before I would the knapped obsidian!

Oh come on!!! With how fast you shave what could possibly go wrong?

"a bit off" is the nice way of putting it, and that is probably an accurate assessment lol.

Man, it's been a while since I posted in here. The beard is growing steadily, and no longer resembles a ferret with the mange trying to eat my lower face. The non-shaves are going well, though trying to get the proper angle where I'm lining up my neck is almost impossible right now, so DFS+ is the current standard.

There have been many fragrance compliments the last few days. I have smelled "delightful"(L'Occitane Vetyver EDT), "delectable"(Asylum Royal Fougere aftershave), and "amazing"(Dunhill Icon EDP). I've always gone conservative in application, because I don't want to be the guy that smells like he bathed in cologne and clears out entire rooms, but I've become more aware recently that I don't project most fragrances very well. An extra spray or two(or an obscene number of sprays in the case of Monte Blanc Individuel) has helped that out considerably.

I hope everyone is doing well. May God bless you all, and I hope to catch up more soon.

Good update Eric! Glad you’ve been enjoying your frags!

Thanks Chris!
Good to see an entry Eric, now back to the dungeon
1f602.png
1f602.png

Lol that's exactly where I went. Making pretty good progress on a larger-than-usual order.

Caught-up Eric; some great stuff in there. Dunhill Icon is a great fragrance for sure, had the opportunity to try it out in Dubaii along with Dunhill Icon Racing (preferred, personally). Have you thought about what you're going to use to chop the facial fuzz this year?

Caught-up Eric; some great stuff in there. Dunhill Icon is a great fragrance for sure, had the opportunity to try it out in Dubaii along with Dunhill Icon Racing (preferred, personally). Have you thought about what you're going to use to chop the facial fuzz this year?
He should set up a poll thread where we can vote ???

Thanks for reposting that video. I didn’t see it the first time around. It was epic!

Thanks Tim!

Great so hear from you Eric. Have a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

Thanks Rich, you too!

Thanks Josh! I thought about going with Icon Racing, but the original ended up winning that battle. Probably a regular straight razor for the shave, though I think I might hang onto the beard for a while.

He should set up a poll thread where we can vote
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Hard pass lol. You guys would probably vote in a chainsaw.

Mail Call today. The tracking actually showed it as delivered yesterday, but unless it was delivered after 8:00pm yesterday, which was when I checked the mail, it came in today while I was at work. I was on a spending freeze until after the holidays, but made an exception for this.

Barrister & Mann's holiday offering in the new Excelsior base. I wasn't too sure about the scent from the description, but it smells good enough in the tub that I'm considering ordering the AS and EDT. It shares a couple notes with Stirling's Christmas Eve, but it's darker than Stirling's, probably due to the addition of the Mousse De Saxe. I won't really be able to do a decent review until I use it to do more than line up my beard, but I have high hopes for it.

Interesting name choice on the B&M. Not the scents I would have imagined to be associated with it!

Barrister & Mann's holiday offering in the new Excelsior base. I wasn't too sure about the scent from the description, but it smells good enough in the tub that I'm considering ordering the AS and EDT. It shares a couple notes with Stirling's Christmas Eve, but it's darker than Stirling's, probably due to the addition of the Mousse De Saxe. I won't really be able to do a decent review until I use it to do more than line up my beard, but I have high hopes for it.
Oohh. I may have to get that Vespers!

Oh my...I have this ordered and was, like you, iffy on whether i would like the scent or not. Now I'm excited for it to show up!!! Only 7 more days to wait; derned APO shipping....lol

Interesting name choice on the B&M. Not the scents I would have imagined to be associated with it!
Oohh. I may have to get that Vespers!
Oh my...I have this ordered and was, like you, iffy on whether i would like the scent or not. Now I'm excited for it to show up!!! Only 7 more days to wait; derned APO shipping....lol

I keep going back an sniffing the tub lol. It’s a pretty complex scent, and there is a lot going on. I still can’t decide whether I like it enough to order the juice or not, but it is definitely intriguing. I can’t wait to smell it when it’s lathered. Like many of Will’s creations, I can see this one being polarizing.

Back