The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

No shave this morning, but I did get to witness a sunrise that put a smile on my face while driving a work crew out to Davisburg. Apologies for the poor pic quality. It was snapped off through the windshield on the spur of the moment. A morning like this one makes even Flint look good.

Michigan has some spectacular colors in the sunrises/sunsets! No mater where you see it from...even Flint!

Beautiful sunrise indeed!

And I'm totally intrigued with the Fendi. I'm going to have to look that one up.

Stunning colors in that shot
That is a great pic!
Beautiful sunset.
1f44d.png
Michigan has some spectacular colors in the sunrises/sunsets! No mater where you see it from...even Flint!
Thanks guys!

Beautiful sunrise indeed!

And I'm totally intrigued with the Fendi. I'm going to have to look that one up.
Thanks Chris! I really like FdF, and might get a flanker.

Not a lot of time today, but I did get an SOTD pic.

Three passes and a little clean up for an HCBBSG that was one of the best shaves I've ever had. 10 hours later and I still can't feel a hint of stubble.

The Karl Lagerfeld Bois De Vetiver is good juice, but has one of the most misleading names I've ever seen. I don't smell any vetiver in it at all. It opens with blood orange, a bit of mint, gardenia, and some spices. It actually opens a lot like Terre D'Hermes, but without the cedar. The longevity is good, and it is well worth the price of admission.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Straight razor shave #523

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore
Aftershave: RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore

I don't remember the last time I used my Semogue 830. It was my first shaving brush, and I loved it once it was broken in. It's a bit sparse in the density department, but releases lather like it's trying to get rid of it. It was past time to break it out, and a soft soap like today's offering was a good product to use it on.

I love the scent of Santa Maria Del Fiore. The performance is better than most of the RR soaps I've used, and is plenty slick enough for a straight(or shavette). Very nice shave today, though I had to hurry a bit. Three passes resulted in a very pleasant BBS, though I did get a small nick on the corner of my mouth. It closed by the final rinse, and a hefty splash of the AS had me practically singing on my way out the door. The aftershave doubles pretty well as a cologne, though I believe RR has an EDT, which I may have to order.

Thanks for reading and have a great day all!

Love the breaking out of the boar brushes! I bet your handles would look fabulous with the right boar knot.

Good stuff Eric. That is one soap that I do now regret selling. :-(

Thanks Chad! Order more! lol
Nice reading Eric Razorock-tober shave and what is the scent on that one? I have not tried it.
Thanks TJ. The scent is described perfectly on the webpage. Scent: Tabacco Toscano Colonia; think Toscano cigar with hints of vanilla, amber and a backdrop of eucalyptus and menthol.
They pretty much nailed it. Not a pipe tobacco scent, this is the smell of a fine cigar. The vanilla is right behind it in terms of strength, and the amber is more of an afterthought. I never would have thought that eucalyptus and menthol would go at all with tobacco, but they provide an excellent sharpness to the otherwise warm scent that makes it stand out to me that much more. I got a couple compliments on the scent within 5 minutes of getting to work lol.

Love the breaking out of the boar brushes! I bet your handles would look fabulous with the right boar knot.

Thanks Tom! Interestingly enough I have a boar on order from TGN. I've got a hybrid blank that isn't spoken for, and will be dropping either the boar or a Ghost synthetic from Turn n' Shave into it.

Some more great set ups, Eric. And I'm intrigued with the Bois de Vetiver.

....Interestingly enough I have a boar on order from TGN. I've got a hybrid blank that isn't spoken for, and will be dropping either the boar or a Ghost synthetic from Turn n' Shave into it.
Choose the boar! And what size TGN boar knot is it? If nobody puts in a request for it, I'll throw my name in the hat. If that knot is as good as the small TGN boar that I got a month or so ago, it's dynamite! You might decide to keep that brush for yourself! But if you don't, like I mentioned, I'll be happy to wrest it from you.
1f60e.png

Some more great set ups, Eric. And I'm intrigued with the Bois de Vetiver.
Choose the boar! And what size TGN boar knot is it? If nobody puts in a request for it, I'll throw my name in the hat. If that knot is as good as the small TGN boar that I got a month or so ago, it's dynamite! You might decide to keep that brush for yourself! But if you don't, like I mentioned, I'll be happy to wrest it from you.
1f60e.png

Thanks Chris! The boar is a 24mm. I was ordering a couple Finest knots from TGN last week, and realized that I have never made a boar brush, which required a rectification ASAP.

I still haven’t made a hybrid brush for myself, so this one will probably be for me, but if I like the knot I’ll probably order a couple more to keep on hand.

Back