The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Ah yes, the Torrey! Excellent razor - well done, Eric!

And super congrats to your parent's 50th wedding anniversary!!
Thanks Chris!

Got a little behind Eric, so happy for your parents. What an accomplishment! Great shave with the Creeper!

Thanks Don!

Work goes in circular motions of insanity. It's always crazy, but sometimes that gets cranked up to 11, which is where it has been lately lol. I'm taking on new levels of responsibility, and it's taking time to adjust to it. I care about my work, and as long as I get to spend some time in The Dungeon I can usually balance out the crazy with the calming effect of cranking up the lathe and making shavings. Those two things combined tend to keep me from hanging out with the folks here at TSC, and I hope to get caught up with what's going on with all of you. Until then, have a great night and God bless!

Good check in Eric! Sound like like is busy, but rewarding! A good place to be at!

Well, I’d say something about you being part of someone’s shave every day with your brushes, but I’d sounds all sappy ?

Good check in Eric! Sound like like is busy, but rewarding! A good place to be at!
Thanks Chris, it is indeed.

Hang in there brother !! We'll be here
Thanks Dave!

Well, I’d say something about you being part of someone’s shave every day with your brushes, but I’d sounds all sappy
1f609.png
I am all about the sap.
1f601.png

Catching up, Eric! I'm excited for you getting so close to 500!! That's cool. And it's so nice what you wrote about your parents - congrats.

Thanks Brad!

All caught up, some great shaves. Congratulations to your parents.

Thanks Don!

Between gearing up for a big(for us) fundraiser in early September, the regular parts of the job, and getting ready to drive the entire crew to Indiana Friday night for a long day of work on Saturday, time is at a premium. I really hope I can be on more often soon, and maybe someday catch up to what you all are up to. In the meantime God bless and keep you all, and may your shaves be close and smooth.

Still alive, and still hoping to be more active on TSC soon. I manage to pop in now and then, and hope everyone is doing well.

I was a little floored to get an email last week from one of the gentlemen that works at our Detroit center. It started along the lines of "I came across several old straight razors. Would you be interested in them?". He then gave me the name of the manufacturer, which took me a little while to recognize, but once I did I was pretty excited. I don't know if all of them are the same manufacturer, or what kind of shape they're in, but I'll be sure to post pics once I have them in my possession. That could take a while, but I'm hoping to see them in the next week or so.

Have a great night all!

I was a little floored to get an email last week from one of the gentlemen that works at our Detroit center. It started along the lines of "I came across several old straight razors. Would you be interested in them?".
I love when that happens. It's cool when people remember your hobby, and help to find stuff for you.

Curious to see the razors too! Great to have friends that remember your hobbies!

Good to see you check in Eric...looking forward to see what the new acquisitions are when they get in!

Caught up, Eric! I can certainly relate to the time juggling. Looking forward to seeing what you have with those razors!

Thanks for checking in and looking forward to seeing your new acquisitions.
I hope?

Congrats on the new acquisitions! Looking forward to the pics!
I love when that happens. It's cool when people remember your hobby, and help to find stuff for you.
Looking forward to seeing pics of those inbound razors.
Curious to see the razors too! Great to have friends that remember your hobbies!
Good to see you check in Eric...looking forward to see what the new acquisitions are when they get in!
Caught up, Eric! I can certainly relate to the time juggling. Looking forward to seeing what you have with those razors!
Can't wait to see what you get.
oooo im curious now too!

I can't wait to see them either lol. I haven't had time to go pick them up, though I keep thinking I will, and haven't asked him to just mail them to me yet.

In other news, there have been a few 16-18 hour work days in the mix over the last couple weeks, and I'm shooting for a day off soon. There is more than one project in The Dungeon that has been waiting for some attention, and I apologize to those who are patiently waiting for their brush(es) and/or scales to be completed. I hate to curse it by saying so, but I think things have slowed down enough that I can get down there and get some work done in the next couple of days.

I have been able to make time to shave every other day, and the Feather SS has been my weapon of choice for whisker assassination. It actually takes me less time to shave with the SS than it does with any DE or SE in the den at this point, and there has been plenty of variety in soaps and fragrances. Have a great day all!

Good to see work let up enough to give you time to check in Eric...fully aware of how those long days can wear you down real quick. Hopefully it continues to ease up for you!

Back