The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Great shave Eric! Glad you’re continuing to mend well.

I’ll be interested to experience the mighty Shavemac when Dave’s brushes come in. It’ll be my first high end shaving experience.

And what’s this about scales? You have my attention!

You'll love that brush. The dyed stabilized wood is stunning, and I think it has a better knot than the one I have in my RV. Lol I make straight razor scales now and then. Usually to match a brush handle, but not always. The ones I'm currently working on have been giving me some trouble with the finish at the wedge, and so they are now bulletproof. Because the answer to any problem that comes up is "use more product!".

shaving nirvana is a always good thing
Yes, yes it is.
Nice catch up Eric. Glad you are slowly getting back to normal. I'm sure you have very understanding customers. No rush here
1f609.png
Thanks Chad. I'm looking forward to getting these finished up and out to their new homes.
Nope, nope, nope! I've been bugging him every day. Lets get a move on! I gots soap to lather!
That is grammatically incorrect. No brush for you!
Very nice shave Eric! Glad the gums are on the mend.
Thanks Don!

Eric, you get the vocabulary gold star of the day with your use of "stasis" in a sentence! Well done.
1f60e.png

Thanks Chris! I had considered using "limbo", but that makes it sounds more like I've been lazy.
1f603.png

Straight razor shave #481

Pre-shave: hot towel + bloom water
Brush: Maggard 22mm 2-band badger
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: SV Opuntia
Aftershave: SV Opuntia
EDP: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

Same HCBBSG result as yesterday's shave, but it smelled even better. Two Vassily's of AdP, and I left for work a happy man. Love this set up!

Closing in on #500. Have a great day all!

Straight razor shave #482. Day of The Creeper

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: TSC Legacy
Razor: JR Torrey
Soap: THB Tangerine Creeper
Aftershave: THB Tangerine Creeper
EDP: Terre D'Hermes

The day finally came to break out the Tangerine Creeper, and I was excited. Don described the scent perfectly as orange creamsicle, and I've been taking whiffs every time I pass the jar for days.

I took my time while face lathering, and the Legacy brush got it to just the way I like it. I'd freshened up the edge on the Torrey a week or so ago, and I was hoping I hadn't boogered it up, I've been away from the stones for so long. My fears proved unfounded. The edge wasn't my best work, but it was enough to put me in BBS-land after three passes and some clean up. The soap is an excellent performer, and it lived up to it's name with the chill creeping up on me. By the time I splashed a healthy dose of the aftershave on my face, everything felt wonderfully cool. Two Vassily's of TdH capped off a fantastic shave, and it was off to work.

My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary tomorrow, which is a rarity these days. Among the best parents in the history of parenthood, their relationship continues to thrive, and they provide an example that I hope to follow should God grace me with a wife someday. Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Caught back up Eric, glad that you're about back to full strength!

Great few shaves there...about to break out my ThB tomorrow! Exciting stuff!

Wow that’s some restraint, waiting all this time to dive into the Creeper!

Glad the week is closing strong. Great to hear about your folks. Such relationships seem to be too few and too far between these days!

Congratulations to your parents. Mine hit 50 next year and we’re planning a gathering on the Oregon coast to celebrate with them.

Good to see you guys popping open the creeper. Has to be a tiny bit painful breaking that wax seal.

Catching up Eric!

Great shave, reads, and pictures!

Glad to hear you a on the mend from the dental procedure!
Happy Golden Anniversary to your Parents!

Congrats to your parents and a great shave. Glad you're enjoying the Creeper
Thanks Dave!

Caught back up Eric, glad that you're about back to full strength!

Great few shaves there...about to break out my ThB tomorrow! Exciting stuff!
Thanks Josh! I hope your ThB shave was awesome.

Wow that’s some restraint, waiting all this time to dive into the Creeper!

Glad the week is closing strong. Great to hear about your folks. Such relationships seem to be too few and too far between these days!
Not so sure about restraint. It took me that long to work myself up to breaking the wax seal lol.

Congratulations to your parents. Mine hit 50 next year and we’re planning a gathering on the Oregon coast to celebrate with them.

Good to see you guys popping open the creeper. Has to be a tiny bit painful breaking that wax seal.
Thanks Dave! It did hurt a little, but breaking the seal while I was still half asleep helped.

Catching up Eric!
Great shave, reads, and pictures!

Glad to hear you a on the mend from the dental procedure!
Happy Golden Anniversary to your Parents!

Thanks Craig!

I went with Tangerine Creeper again this morning. The only difference was that I used the Feather SS and finished it up with some Fine Platinum. Same outstanding result, and I'm still DFS 12 hours later. The day was fantastic. Hung out with family, had some great BBQ, and watched my parents renew their vows. Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Ah yes, the Torrey! Excellent razor - well done, Eric!

And super congrats to your parent's 50th wedding anniversary!!

Got a little behind Eric, so happy for your parents. What an accomplishment! Great shave with the Creeper!

Back