The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Great pair of shaves Eric!

I slept in late like a rock myself this morning. Don’t know what had me so tired. Enjoy your 4th!
Thanks Chris!

Great couple of shave Eric!

I'm afraid that this is going to be a long hot summer.
I believe you are correct lol. Looks like we might get a couple days of reprieve coming up, but that will only last so long before the heat kicks up again.

Hope you’ve got some good A/C down in the basement!
No A/C, but the dehumidifier is making a difference all around, and it's much cooler down there naturally.

The heat is crazy here too! The central air is definitely being pushed to the limits this year.
I think you've got it worse than we do lol.

Iced Pineapple again - yes! And I Coloniali was definitely a good puck of soap. Their rhubarb shaving cream sample you sent me a while back was also an excellent performer!

I really like the Rhubarb cream, and I think Iced Pineapple will be used a lot this summer.

Great stuff Eric!!

Thanks Josh!

Still getting the shaves in, but work has hit crazy mode again. Temporary as always, and I’m looking forward to the end of this round, and not having to play catch-up in the journals someday lol.

Well, the wisdom teeth are finally coming out. All four are being extracted Thursday. I’m not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to it being done, and have a nice supply of soup and soft foods laid up for the weekend.

Yikes! I hope the tooth op goes well. I was fortunate to have it done in high school. It wasn’t a bad experience, just dealing with the light throbbing pain and gauze stuffed in your cheeks for a week was a nuisance.

Yeow! I was on mashed potatoes for two days after mine were cut out. What do you have lined up?

Good luck with the surgery. I had mine out right before I went into college. Annoying, but it wasn’t too bad. You’ll feel like crap for a day or two.

Mine were taken out in the middle of Marine Corps Boot Camp! The gave me some Motrin and sent me back to duty! Hope your extraction goes well with little pain!

Mine: 1st 2 were at separate times and had to be split into pieces and then removed because of roots in jaw. Had pieces working there way out for months after the fact. Last 2 were oral surgery to remove and similar but I was out of it anyway. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Hope it goes well for you

Yikes! I hope the tooth op goes well. I was fortunate to have it done in high school. It wasn’t a bad experience, just dealing with the light throbbing pain and gauze stuffed in your cheeks for a week was a nuisance.
Yeow! I was on mashed potatoes for two days after mine were cut out. What do you have lined up?
Good luck with the surgery. I had mine out right before I went into college. Annoying, but it wasn’t too bad. You’ll feel like crap for a day or two.
Mine were taken out in the middle of Marine Corps Boot Camp! The gave me some Motrin and sent me back to duty! Hope your extraction goes well with little pain!
Mine: 1st 2 were at separate times and had to be split into pieces and then removed because of roots in jaw. Had pieces working there way out for months after the fact. Last 2 were oral surgery to remove and similar but I was out of it anyway. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Hope it goes well for you

Thanks guys! I'm actually getting the four wisdom teeth and one molar removed. The lower right wisdom tooth was at an off angle, and finally caused the molar next to it to start breaking apart. That's what I get for waiting too long on something I knew needed to be taken care of. Plenty of chicken soup and avocados have been stored for the days immediately following the extractions.

I guess I was lucky in that I had only three wisdom teeth form, and those came in straight. I had them extracted early on in my military career...two days on codeine and about a week being careful of what I ate and it was all good. Good luck with the extractions Eric!

Good luck man! I don't miss the days of extracting them and the recovery time. Just as a heads up, don't golf right after the surgery. It was a semi-miserable round. LOL

Good luck with the extraction. I hope you recover quickly.
I guess I was lucky in that I had only three wisdom teeth form, and those came in straight. I had them extracted early on in my military career...two days on codeine and about a week being careful of what I ate and it was all good. Good luck with the extractions Eric!
Good luck man! I don't miss the days of extracting them and the recovery time. Just as a heads up, don't golf right after the surgery. It was a semi-miserable round. LOL

Thanks guys! Tomorrow morning will be go-time. Tangerine Creeper is lined up for the shave, so I can enter the dentist office with a nice cooling sensation on my face before the torture begins lol.

So is someone going to make one of those cool videos of you when coming off the anesthesia? And also please don't work on my brush while coming of the anesthesia in fact don't work on any brushes.

So is someone going to make one of those cool videos of you when coming off the anesthesia? And also please don't work on my brush while coming of the anesthesia in fact don't work on any brushes.

I'll second that...don't work on brushes!

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Anesthesia? We don't need no steenking anesthesia! They numbed me up, and I am now a few teeth lighter lol.

I'll second that...don't work on brushes!
Lol that isn't the first thing I planned to do when I got home, so you guys are safe

I second that emotion

Looking forward to the Creeper shave! You should video it!

It'll probably be a while before I record video of any shaves. The shave den is tiny, and I haven't even tried to figure out how to set up a camera in there yet.

I pulled an audible and didn't use Tangerine Creeper this morning. That will be the next shave, which will probably be in a few days. Not going to be doing any face stretching for a little while lol. Off to rest and hopefully dream of being able to eat a burger. Have a great day all!

Glad you’re in good spirits after the op.

You know, about hamburgers...once I had a friend that broke his jaw and had to wire it shut while it healed. He blended up hamburger some times and drank it...just saying.

Back