The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Glad the vacation went well, Eric. And we'll be interested to see what's new for the Dungeon!

BTW, Eric....random aftershave question: which Omega Via Barberia aftershave serums have you tried? Seems that I recall you trying both the Fructi and the Aquae. Can you tell me what each scent is like and if you prefer one more so than the other? Thanks in advance.

Glad the vacation went well, Eric. And we'll be interested to see what's new for the Dungeon!
BTW, Eric....random aftershave question: which Omega Via Barberia aftershave serums have you tried? Seems that I recall you trying both the Fructi and the Aquae. Can you tell me what each scent is like and if you prefer one more so than the other? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Chris! I do have both Fructi and Aquae. Fructi is a multi-citrus scent with grapefruit dominating to my nose. It's nice and fresh, and a little sweet. Aquae is really hard for me to describe. It has an aquatic vibe, and is a more cologne-y scent. SOS on both is on the subtle side, maybe 2.5/5. While I really like both, I am slightly partial to Fructi.

Straight razor shave #468

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Rudy Vey "Egg" with Shavemac knot
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: SV Opuntia
Aftershave: SV Opuntia
EDT: Fine Platinum

First post-vacation shave, and it was outstanding! Woke up a little early and took some more time on prep. It's amazing how much of a difference an extra 30 seconds with the hot towel makes. The soap may have helped the overall shave as well. Opuntia is downright fantastic in every way. The scent is glorious and the performance and post-shave feel are second to none.

I have used mostly synthetics for some time, mostly due to the ease of just giving them a quick rinse and loading away. I think I've only used this brush a couple times, and can't for the life of me remember which Shavemac knot is in it, but I'm definitely warming up to it. It's on the small side, but had no trouble whipping up an excellent lather, and it felt nice and soft on my face. The usual three passes left me with a BBS, and a few drops of the AS just added to the marvelous post-shave feel. Four Vassily's of Platinum finished things off with a bang, and it was off to work.

Thanks for reading and have a great evening!

Sounds awesome. Fine Platinum seems to be everywhere now. I need some.

Great shave Eric. Always nice getting back into the home den for a shave!
Great shave Eric!

Glad you had a nice vacation!
Sounds awesome. Fine Platinum seems to be everywhere now. I need some.
Great shave. Welcome home.
Great way to get back to it with a wonderful shave with SV!

Thanks guys, It's good to be back. No shave this morning. Yesterday's will hold me over until that point around noon, when my facial hair gets a growth spurt lol.

Thanks for the Via Barberia comments. I went ahead and ordered the Fructi a/s serum.

Straight razor shave #469

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Maggards 22mm 2-band badger
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: The Chamber Companies Dublin Tweed
Aftershave: WSP Gaelic Tweed
EDP: WSP Gaelic Tweed

A scent-sational(see what I did there?) shave this morning. A Green Irish Tweed clone with heavy scent strength. If you haven't ordered a tin of this soap from Dave, you should get on it. It's a fantastic performer and the scent is wonderful. I have the matching balm, but it was warm and muggy this morning so I opted for WSP's splash, which I added a tiny bit of menthol to last year, instead.

I seem to be on a badger kick the last few shaves, and the Maggard brush is a good example of one. Loaded it up with this mornings fragrant soap choice and spent a good couple minutes face lathering it into submission. The SS did it's magic, and three passes left me with a delightful BBS. A splash of Gaelic Tweed let me know that I was a bit heavy handed on my jawline, but the sting faded quickly. Two firehoses(if you own a bottle of WSP's cologne, you know what I'm talking about) of the EDP had both sides of my neck, part of my head, and my collar, radiating awesomeness and it was off to work.

It was a good day. There was a minimum of the usual drama at work. I got home in good time and headed to The Dungeon for a bit, and now it's time to make some dinner. Might head back to The Dungeon after and get a bit more done before I call it a night.

Thanks for reading and have a great evening!

If you haven't ordered a tin of this soap from Dave, you should get on it. It's a fantastic performer and the scent is wonderful.
I'm still waiting for the online store that was "coming soon"!

I'm still waiting for the online store that was "coming soon"!
Great shave Eric!

Yeah I didn't think Dave was ready for online sales yet.

Oops, I forgot about that. I know Dave has a boatload on his plate right now, but I'm sure it will happen. My collection of The Chamber's soaps were a gift from a friend that went to Arizona on vacation and brought them back.

Another matching shave today with the Tweed. It’s like having a bunch of ladies in the same house...

...just kidding!

Sounds like the shave made out just fine, awesome!

Back