The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

All in favor of Eric not allowed to post fishing pics while we sit our offices please say AYE!

Just kidding Eric although I am extremely jealous. One of my favorite things to do is hold a fishing pole in one hand, a cold beverage in one hand, and my hat pulled over my eyes whilst I take a nap! If the fish don't bite it doesn't matter.

I second that, "AYE"!
1f60e.png

All caught up Eric and Boy I wish I was on that pond with ya, have a great time!

All in favor of Eric not allowed to post fishing pics while we sit our offices please say AYE!

Just kidding Eric although I am extremely jealous. One of my favorite things to do is hold a fishing pole in one hand, a cold beverage in one hand, and my hat pulled over my eyes whilst I take a nap! If the fish don't bite it doesn't matter.
AYE!

Looks absolutely serene!
I second that, "AYE"!
1f60e.png
All caught up Eric and Boy I wish I was on that pond with ya, have a great time!

Thanks guys! And sorry, but gotta post one more pic. It was a great day on the pond, and my mom joined me for it. She got the catch of the day, but I have forgiven her for that.

It was also 93 degrees, but there was a constant breeze and it felt amazing. I caught a few, and got a nice "One that got away" story out of it that I'll post someday soon. Stopped by home on the way to vacation part 2 for some extra clothes, and was just leaving when the usps truck pulled up, leaving me with a small Mail Call:

Samples of Storybook Soapworks: Visions and Revisions, and Hallwards Dream, as well as samples of Declaration Groomings three newest Icarus scents. I added a sample bottle of B&M Tuesday aftershave on a whim. 5 days of vacation left, and 5 soap samples to go through. Works out well. Have a great evening all!

Now that fish is what I call...dinner! Nice mail call! Hope vacation part 2 is is better than vacation part 1.

Nice stuff Eric! Glad the lake was the relaxing time that you needed, and that your Mom was able to spend some time up there with you. Nice mail call with the samples!

Wow Eric that was quite the catch by your mom. Assuming that's a Smallmouth Bass? I really need to get out bass fishing soon!!

Great stuff. The lake looked very relaxing.
Now that fish is what I call...dinner! Nice mail call! Hope vacation part 2 is is better than vacation part 1.
Nice Mail Call!
Great pics and mail call. I am glad that you are having a great vacation.
Nice stuff Eric! Glad the lake was the relaxing time that you needed, and that your Mom was able to spend some time up there with you. Nice mail call with the samples!
Wow Eric that was quite the catch by your mom. Assuming that's a Smallmouth Bass? I really need to get out bass fishing soon!!
That does it. Gotta get the gas connection fixed on the Johnson and get out in the jon boat. Nice pics

Thanks guys! The vacation has been a Godsent fount of relaxation so far. That is a smallmouth bass, Chad. It pains me to say that she opted to throw it back. I had one on the line that was a pole-bender, and I’m even more sorry to say that , not having fished in over a decade, I forgot to adjust the drag on the line before we got started. There was no give in it, and line snapped, with the best lure we had on the end of it lol.

It sounds like you had a great relaxing time at the lake. I'm trying to talk a buddy of mine to take a trip somewhere where the fish jump out of the water like crazy so we can try to smite them with ball bats or tennis rackets, or cower in fear.

It sounds like you had a great relaxing time at the lake. I'm trying to talk a buddy of mine to take a trip somewhere where the fish jump out of the water like crazy so we can try to smite them with ball bats or tennis rackets, or cower in fear.

More reason to get back out and snooze...I mean try for it again!
This is very true. I'm hoping to get up there again for a couple days before summer ends and give it another go.

There is always the one that got away!
There always is lol. I'm more upset about the loss of the lure. It was a good one.

It was fantastic, and I can't wait to do it again.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It's true, and it made me sad.

Back from vacation, and extremely well rested! I spent a good part of the last several days doing some research on potential additions to The Dungeon, which I'm very excited about. It'll probably be a fairly slow work in progress, but expect to see some cool stuff in the next 2-3 months. I hope everyone is doing well, and will try to do some catching up this evening. Have a great day all!

Back